Retired Matthew Kreuzer [retired]

Remove this Banner Ad

Turns 31 in May next year, but that's not necessarily a problem for ruckmen if they are still performing, as Kangaroo Todd Goldstein's new deal proved. The difference is Goldstein's been extremely durable, whereas Kreuzer has played 15 or fewer games in four of his past six seasons. Ex-Hawk Marc Pittonet has also arrived to challenge for the Blues' No.1 ruck mantle.

I can’t see Kreuzer getting another deal. A huge talent but doesn’t have the body to be an AFL player. My guess would be he could remain on the Carlton list, or could go to another list on less money, but expectation would be that he would only play a certain amount of games. Might be insurance for an injury to another ruckman.

Geelong to take a punt? Kreuzer is a talented ruck.

Was going to post the same thing.

Can't manage a season anymore, but he's shown he can play well after periods of absence until he inevitably gets injured again. One of those ones where the ducks could line up, and he'd get an opportunity to play in finals and hopefully a grand final.

Always been a big support to the midfield group, with his pressure around the contest and linking around the ground. Elite awareness for a ruckman.

He's done now that they have Pitonett
Also Tom De Koning. He is coming along well. Should pick up and develop another young ruck. Kruezer has been a great servant of the club, but doesn't really have a long term future with the Blues. If a club like Geelong did pick him up that might end his career with a huge positive as they seem to rotate rucks a lot. He could also fit into a team like Western Bulldogs as insurance for Tim English.

Also Tom De Koning. He is coming along well. Should pick up and develop another young ruck. Kruezer has been a great servant of the club, but doesn't really have a long term future with the Blues. If a club like Geelong did pick him up that might end his career with a huge positive as they seem to rotate rucks a lot. He could also fit into a team like Western Bulldogs as insurance for Tim English.

De Koning looks the goods.

Kreuzer should never get another game at Carlton. Depth at best now with the younger blokes around + Levi relieving.

Not sure there's a suitable club for him anywhere though.

Would have thought Brisbane might be interested, would be real handy for them if he could get on the park. Would hope Carlton would do the right thing by Kreuze, been a great servant for the club.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When fit, hes the best of the three ruckmen we have.

Key words being 'when fit'. Poor bloke cant take a trick with injuries.

Agreed, but with where your club is at they shouldn't be playing him ahead of the kids.

Terrible shame because he's been a very good player, but terribly robbed of games by his body.

Either trade him or keep him as depth.

I feel like we might have seen the last of the big fella. Just always injured, and I would be concerned his body getting through another AFL season.
If there is money in the soft cap, I'd take him as a ruck coach next year. With the potential reduction in list spots next year, he wouldn't be a wise investment as a player with the injury history he has. I can't see any clubs taking him as they will all be looking at how big lists will be, unless he has some unlikely positive medical reports, and goes to a club short of a ruckman, although I can't think of any that need depth. Maybe Sydney, but a longshot.

I feel like we might have seen the last of the big fella. Just always injured, and I would be concerned his body getting through another AFL season.
Would make our team better if we happen to make finals this year. Just so frustrating....

If there is money in the soft cap, I'd take him as a ruck coach next year. With the potential reduction in list spots next year, he wouldn't be a wise investment as a player with the injury history he has. I can't see any clubs taking him as they will all be looking at how big lists will be, unless he has some unlikely positive medical reports, and goes to a club short of a ruckman, although I can't think of any that need depth. Maybe Sydney, but a longshot.

Geelong do but we have a bad injury record with rucks.

That would be a shame , Deserves to be a 200 game player and stuck on 189
Would be nice for Carlton to give him a 1 year deal as backup ruckman but with list sizes getting cut probably doesn't happen anymore

Remove this Banner Ad

Back