AFL Club
Carlton
Re: #8. Matthew Kreuzer

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397830

Code:
Height Weight  5m  20m  Agility Shuttle VJ  Repeat Sprints
Pre Season 199.00 91.40 1.09  3.07  8.5   14.1    56
Screening  199.50 94.00 1.15  3.11  9.01  14.2    63  24.91

A time of 1.09 and 3.07 for 5 metres and 20 metres and 8.5 in Agility is freakish and scary for a man mountain.

Kreuzer is as fast as Dangerfield and Farmer over 5 metres. :cool:

Don't you wish we picked Leuenberger and Cotchin instead of Bryce and Kreuzer? :rolleyes:

Bluegene

Team Captain
Suspended
Jan 10, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton

Hasn't had much of a mention in the training reports. Must be hard for someone that size to keep a low profile but he seems to be so far.
It's all Judd what do you expect.. Kreuzer is very lucky that he will get hardly any attention this season due to Judd.. Very rare for a #1 Draft Pick

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=397830

Code:
Height Weight  5m  20m  Agility Shuttle VJ  Repeat Sprints
Pre Season 199.00 91.40 1.09  3.07  8.5   14.1    56
Screening  199.50 94.00 1.15  3.11  9.01  14.2    63  24.91

A time of 1.09 and 3.07 for 5 metres and 20 metres and 8.5 in Agility is freakish and scary for a man mountain.

Kreuzer is as fast as Dangerfield and Farmer over 5 metres. :cool:

Don't you wish we picked Leuenberger and Cotchin instead of Bryce and Kreuzer? :rolleyes:

And a better kick as well. Dangerfield couldn't hit the side of a barn from 10m away. Very interesting selection from Adelaide there.

Hasn't had much of a mention in the training reports. Must be hard for someone that size to keep a low profile but he seems to be so far.

Pretty quiet out on the track Thylacine, and had a chance to see him speak at a function prior to Christmas, and he is a pretty shy sort of bloke.

I'd be pretty confident in saying that he would most definitely prefer NOT to have any media attention on him.

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory

I am pleased to find myself Kreuz's '08 BF Buddy....:)

_39039093_sahhaf_203bodyap.jpg

I have never heard of Cotchin, I have never seen Cotchin play, in fact I don't think there is any bloke on an AFL list by the name of Cotchin :)

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory

BUMP: Debuting this week, go you good thing :thumbsu: Get your hands on the footy early, lose the butterflies then run hard all night. If he shows a bit more than young Josh did I will be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bexta444

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2007
Melbs
AFL Club
Carlton

Kreuz control baby! :D[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]So happy with his work tonight, took it in his stride, any nerves didn't show, worked hard, had great disposal and vision. So fast and mobile for a big man.

Loved the "Kruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuze" chant!
Took me back to the "Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooof" days!

Geez, didn't he play brilliantly? 15 possessions, 12 HO's and 2 goals too boot!

Worked brilliantly at the contest and covered the ground with incredible ease for a big fellow.

Spent more time in the ruck than expected but his form probably warranted. His workrate and athleticism was expected by all in the know but his focus on the job at hand what was really impressed me. Has to be a champion on what we saw on debut. :thumbsu:

Champion sure, but at what position? Will he end up as your ruckman or your full forward?

Way too athletic to 'waste' at FF - maybe a roaming CHF. Could become just too good to play anywhere but the ruck (resting forward). :thumbsu:

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory

Two of Kreuzer's best attributes are his huge engine (ability to get to many contests, and to present around the ground), and his ability to compete as an extra midfielder once the ball hits the ground. Hence first and foremost a ruckman :thumbsu:

hulld

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2005
VIC
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Rockets, Storm, Cowboys

thoughts on his season so far guys?

he seems to have had a rather quiet last month...

Salaryman

Nels ****ing Cline
10k Posts
Oct 11, 2004
San Sebastien Pls
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Melb Victory

thoughts on his season so far guys?

he seems to have had a rather quiet last month...

Very happy.

First year ruckman, so pretty much easing him into it...no use letting him get belted around by the big seasoned bodied ruckmen like the Charman's of the league....pretty sure his TOG is only around 50-65 % each week......he has shown glimpses at times that he will be a very special player in the future. His efforts and attributes at AFL level have mirrored those we saw at TAC level, just not for the sustained periods he did at that level yet.

Don't remember many first year ruckmen having a consistent impact week-in, week-out.

Here is a good example in case you missed it first time around ;)

[youtube]2BAA7XH2p-Y[/youtube]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back