Matthew Laidlaw..

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 27, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Hey guys, just inquering about Matthew Laidlaw and where he sits in your list at the moment. I went to school with him and from my recollection was a fantastic footballer. His debut game I thought he did really well considering the conditions, but got dropped the game after?

Anyway, any updates on whether he was close to getting a game this year or even next game would be appreciated.

Good luck for the rest of the final series
JSM

Is my fav ressie (now that the Vez has made it!:D)

Has had some bad luck with injury this year... all year!

We will just have to be patient.... for 09!!

Curious.. what position did he play in juniors? He is deceptively tall for someone who moves well!

One of the unlucky ones this year, with a season decimated first by a pre-season knee injury and then a severe hamstring problem. I saw him play just the one ressies game this year (post-knee, pre-hamstring) and was mightily impressed by his physical shape. Looked strong, fit and still very quick.

Hard to believe he wouldn't have played a decent number of senior games this year had it not been for those injuries.

Played all over the ground, mainly as a starting on-baller or loose in the backline, ala BJ Goddard. Took some great hanger marks, and probably shows why he was 2nd in his Draft Camp for verticle leap..

How unlucky was he to be dropped after his debut though? I thought he was the only shining light out of the match against the cats, considering how wet the conditions were.

He hurt himself in the 2nd half and didnt come back on not sure what it was though looked ok during cool down and leaving to go home

Looked very good in the 1st half
as in, he looked HOT, or he looked like he was playing well?

For players coming back from LTIs, they've limited the amount of game time they play during the reserves.

nah he looked good playing he played well...needs a hair cut though

hmmmm not sure then maybe he just had a break but didnt play the last half at all

Re-injured his hamstring. unsure as to how bad it is but with the past problems hes had it cant be too good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back