Matthew Lloyd/ Kane Cornes believe Jack Reiwoldt’s tears will be used against him.

Remove this Banner Ad

How incredibly insular and protected do you have to be to not be able to handle leaving for a short, finite amount of time? Boy needs resilience training ASAP (anyone but CM, they would positively break him for good).

Possibly a cheap attempt to get some positive press about himself.

Yes, because his situation is no where near as dire as your ridiculous analogy.

Riewoldt earns hundreds of thousands in a year, many people would kill to be in his lifestyle. Perspective. You and Riewoldt need to get some.
Ah right, so because he earns lots of money he’s not allowed to have feelings or miss his family.

This story is literally about a man being sad about leaving his family, during a global health crisis no less. That’s not pathetic, people saying it is are the ones who really need perspective

True. I mean I don't have an issue with them not being all in as a supporter given the circumstances but I guess we'll have to see how it impacts our Premiership chances.
If you pay a membership you should have atleast some issue though

Yes, because his situation is no where near as dire as your ridiculous analogy.

Riewoldt earns hundreds of thousands in a year, many people would kill to be in his lifestyle. Perspective. You and Riewoldt need to get some.
What does Riewoldt need to get perspective about? What did he do that suggests he lacks it?

My answer is both.... If I were good enough to play against him which I'm not.

I have complete empathy for how he is feeling and would tell him that before the game and after the game....

... whilst giving him subtle digs about it all game

How incredibly insular and protected do you have to be to not be able to handle leaving for a short, finite amount of time? Boy needs resilience training ASAP (anyone but CM, they would positively break him for good).

Possibly a cheap attempt to get some positive press about himself.

Concur and it's an poor attempt for positive press if that is the case - with Reiwoldt obviously forgetting the rule that 'straight white men' rarely qualify in any way to play the victim card..!

Some discussion on Footy Classified last night about Jack Reiwoldt baring his soul and admitting to crying at having to leave his family behind when Richmond enters it’s playing hub. Matthew Lloyd and Kane Cornes think that opponents will use it as a weapon against Reiwoldt. Just wondering whether people think this is a legitimate tactic, or whether in these unprecedented times that sort of personal stuff is crossing the line and therefore off limits.

This is a piss take surely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He should stay home if he doesn’t want to go.

He’d be literally locked down for 6 weeks watching Netflix if he stayed in Victoria.

Women are tough I’m sure his missus can cope without her and kids are resilient.

His wife could have gone with him, maybe he was upset that his wife decided she would miss her girlfriends more than she would miss Jack.

Made me nauseous every time Gerard Whateley, winked and clicked his tongue while suggesting that AFL players should be applauded/pat on the back for what they are doing to the same extent those working in the public health sector in Australia have been.

He should stay home if he doesn’t want to go.

He’d be literally locked down for 6 weeks watching Netflix if he stayed in Victoria.

Women are tough I’m sure his missus can cope without her and kids are resilient.
Not really sure what you want from him. Yep, he’s said it’s tough. He also said he felt an obligation to the club.

Hardship is subjective and relative to the experiences in your past.

There are people who could be turfed into a tent on the beach with a box of tinned food and a sleeping bag for a month who will complain less than a person who has to sleep in the spare room of their own home while their bedroom is being painted.

I won't be condemning Jack for valuing his family enough to be so torn up over leaving them. I would if he was laughing and joking about all the mischief he will get up to while he is away and not under the oppressive thumb of his partner and the burden of being a parent.

Don't we want dads and husbands to not be happy about spending time away from their families?
A tent on a beach with canned food. Some people pay for this privilege. Sounds like my last holidays..😀
Jack might be a mummy's boy 👦

Some discussion on Footy Classified last night about Jack Reiwoldt baring his soul and admitting to crying at having to leave his family behind when Richmond enters it’s playing hub. Matthew Lloyd and Kane Cornes think that opponents will use it as a weapon against Reiwoldt. Just wondering whether people think this is a legitimate tactic, or whether in these unprecedented times that sort of personal stuff is crossing the line and therefore off limits.

Everyone has their own unique personal circumstances and issues. But I am sick of some AFL players and coaches moaning about how hard it is to hub for a month. For the last three years I have had to spend 10-12 weeks in the UK apart from my wife and 2 kids in Australia simply to keep our heads above water financially. This is not by choice. I personally have to fund each return airfare. Hearing players and coaches on 6-7 figure salaries moaning about being a short flight away and having all expenses paid is grating to say the least.

It’s your job. And the shareholders and stakeholders of the club and the game underwrite your livelihood. It’s not just ‘a game’ that you all play. So next time you publicly sook about your circumstances, think about your average Joe who doesn't have the privilege you have.

I just compare that to a mate was told you go off shore miss the birth of your kid or stay here and you will have wait 2 more months before going off shore again. He just needs to sack up stay behind like Houli/Edwards or go and not be a baby about things
Why though? Because he might upset some precious snowflakes on an Internet forum?

He’s up there. He’s playing and committed. I’m not sure why there is angst around his comments.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back