Traded Matthew Lobbe [traded to Carlton]

Remove this Banner Ad

his 'knowledge' sounds like a teenager who sits in his room throwing darts at a board to get his opinions.
i would really not be surprised if he was just 16 yrs old or something

Sounds like half this forum and plenty on here sprout the same stuff!

On who? You know you HAVE to pay a certain % of the Cap at a minimum right?

Someone has to get money regardless and Lobbe is a great back up to Matty K who has had a bad run injury wise. In 2015 he was 1 of the Premier big men in the comp.

There is also conflicting reports everywhere about his pay packet and the finer details of it.
Offer Cripps or Doc an extra season at $600k each ($1.2mil) and pay $1mil up front now

Edit. We can just pay someone's future salary up front now, it's easy enough to do

Continuing the ruck trade to Carlton " honour " board.

Cain Ackland
Fabian DeLuca
Matthew Lobbe

Barnaby French. We never had Fabian. We drafted Adrian DeLuca ourselves. Ackland was via St Kilda too.

At least get something good taking on a salary dump

I thought SOS was supposed to be a genius. lol.

Korcheck and Gorringe off our list. Just Kreuzer and Phillips left. What back up ruck would have bee available for #95?

Korcheck and Gorringe off our list. Just Kreuzer and Phillips left. What back up ruck would have bee available for #95?

I am sure there is someone out there who has 1200+ AFL hit outs to their name when they last were not injured at the top level.....

:cool:

Maybe not and welcome Lobbe!

And have him go home mid contract like Ablett and Gibbs who both had that?
Having Gibbs in contract was the best thing that has happened to us. Christ if we wanted we could just pay $50k of ten players contracts a year early then go into 2018 off season with an extra $1mil to offer a FA instead we have bloody Lobbe

Having Gibbs in contract was the best thing that has happened to us. Christ if we wanted we could just pay $50k of ten players contracts a year early then go into 2018 off season with an extra $1mil to offer a FA instead we have bloody Lobbe
Pay Cripps double, let me know what he expects next contract. Or halfway through...

Gibbs and Ablett are proof. Seriously.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pay Cripps double, let me know what he expects next contract. Or halfway through...

Gibbs and Ablett are proof. Seriously.
Half the AFL would be on front ended-back ended contracts. You have to try to understand you don't actually pay the player anymore money you just pay them earlier. Besides Ablett who else have come unstuck front ending contracts? It makes zero difference when they get paid.
If we are worried that they will leave mid contract then just do what I said earlier (that you ignored) and pay 10 players $50k a year earlier

Only downside for port is our ruck depth.

Ryder goes down who's next? Billy frampton is our next best and he's never played a game, Ladhams is on his second year, Whesthoff is not strong enough and Dixon is to good of a forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back