Past Matthew Lobbe

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon if I start calling him AAMI cos he's flat out insurance , I'll stick ?

You might stick, the nickname probably wont.

First of all we get him for free. Second of all he had a couple of good seasons at Port only to be second to Ryder when he returned from his suspension.

Will be a great backup option to Kreuzer, he's at peak age for a ruckman and the part I used to like about him was his tackling once the ball hits the deck. Himself and Phillips will give first use to our developing mids in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know how many years he has on his contract? I'm sure we have plenty of cap room to pay him short term as long as he's not on a long term deal.

Contracted until the end of 2019 on $500,000 a year !
However he is a fantastic club man and you will not meet a nicer guy really hope he gets a good run at Carlton.

How anyone could not like this trade ..... someone offered 2 first rounders for this guy two years ago! By all reports he is brilliant in his mentoring and leadership side of things, he is awesome back up with something to prove, he's free and best of all he will help our kids in the VFL develop.

AND PORT IS STILL PAYING SOME OF HIS SALARY HAHAHA

Only a few years ago was playing near AA ruck. But when Ryder came in he went from 1st ruck solo to a fill in. Confidence obviously went and then was injured. Came in off an injury and no preseason in Ryder's suspension year and was woeful. Haven't been following sanfl form but should provide a good level of support if required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the very least means our VFL side will not goto crap if Phillips goes down again. Which is good news for whatever young guys learning to play through VFL team as year goes on.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back