Past Matthew Lobbe

Remove this Banner Ad

Doggies offered Port two 1st rounders for Lobbe 2 or 3 years ago IIRC, they would be shattered they didn't take it.
Yeah it was a 2 picks inside 20 for Lobbe and a second rounder.

Hope he goes well, hope he has some more AFL left in him. One of the good guys

Be thankful. Back before SOS, we would have given a second rounder and taken all of his salary.

It was obvious this season we were insufficiently covered for ruck. Lobbe will hopefully give us a couple of years of cover in Reserves while we recruit a rookie who can learn his craft.

Everyone talking like Lobbe is on his last legs.. he's the same age as Gibbs! (Ruckman usually peak in their late 20's)

A story someone at the club told me about Matthew Lobbe back in the pre-season of 2015.

There was a young kid who had been telling all his classmates at school that Matthew Lobbe "is my best mate". It got to the point that he was copping a heap of s**t at school about it for being full of s**t.
So apparently, somehow, Lobbe got wind of the situation, probably from a teacher or parent, and decided off his own back one day that he'd head out to this young kid's school.
So the kids were in class this day, and in walked Matthew Lobbe during the lesson and sat down next to the child, put his arm around him, and proclaimed in front of all the other kids that he was indeed his "best mate".

Long story short, the teasing stopped, and Matthew Lobbe is a really good egg.

First thing tomorrow morning, I'm going to tell all my colleagues that SPS and Cripps are my best friends...

Last edited:
Fox Sports have gone with significant portion. Gets better every article.

Even if we're paying as much as 50% say, that's still a win over the 100% we were on the hook for.

Good outcome for all concerned.

Hope he bounces back. Great bloke.

Matthew Lobbe opens up on his trade from Port Adelaide to Carlton

1513819870981.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back