Matthew McCarthy

Remove this Banner Ad

swarvay

Rookie
Nov 15, 2003
Does anyone else think he could play as a third tall down back? If he did he would release Mooney to push forward and give us the third tall up forward and when you add Chapman, S.Johnson and Gaz its a forward line that can stretch any backline.

Any thoughts??? :confused:

IN: Matthew McCarthy
OUT: Kent Kingsley

Sadly, it will never eventuate. We're much more likely to see poor Charlie who is having a shocking time at the moment omitted for Haynes, with McCarthy a slim chance.

I would love to see Matt or Lonners get a run before the season is out.

Personally i'd rest Gumby up for the finals, and give either one of these a chance to earn a spot for the finals.

Mooney is out of sorts. He needs a week off to rest his aching muscles so he's ready for finals action.

Matty McCarthy's kicking is nowhere near as deplorable as it was earlier in the year, and couldn't possibly be any worse than Kant Kicksley's and at least Macca can take a mark. He also showed in the first couple of rounds that he can pinch-hit as a ruckman. Now would be a good time to give him a run.

IN McCarthy
OUT Mooney

I think McCarthys best position will be playing at CHF with long leads up the ground, watching Matt, he can actually kick the ball alright when he passes to another player. If we played him as a long leading CHF this would take out his inaccuracy with his shots at goal.

dodgyhodgy said:
I think McCarthys best position will be playing at CHF with long leads up the ground, watching Matt, he can actually kick the ball alright when he passes to another player. If we played him as a long leading CHF this would take out his inaccuracy with his shots at goal.

Whats his kicking like when he's going for goal, because thats the main concern. i think its the pressure that he builds up on himself when he is kicking for goal. he thinks about it to much, just go back and slot it through, matty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back