Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Club statement on the website

“I am honoured to be given the opportunity to coach at Adelaide and even more excited about what we can achieve together as players, coaches and staff,” Nicks said.
“Timing is everything and I feel very well prepared, having progressed from being a development coach to a senior assistant at two different clubs in vastly different markets.
“We will be a team that not only embraces the contest but seeks it out. A team-first mentality also sits at the core of all successful clubs and from this day forward it will always be a clear focus and priority.”

Not my first choice, rather have had a coach that has been part of a premiership team, but knows the Adelaide market well and rated highly from what I have read and he has my full support and knows what it is like to lose to Richmond in a grand final.

This time no pre season camps!!!!
Can't afford it, under the soft cap, :)

Seems like a solid guy, I like that he has the hype of being able to connect with the younger players, seems like that's been something that has been missing over the last few years as we've tried to milk every last drop from the senior core. I imagine he'd do wonders for guys like Fogarty, Jones etc, guys just starting to come through.

Will be interesting to see the rest of the football department named, can still go in any direction from here, all we can do now is support them and wait to see how it turns out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adem Yze says he has not received final word from Adelaide regarding the club's decision on the head coaching position.
The Hawthorn assistant recently interviewed for the top role with the Crows, going up against fellow Hawks coach Scott Burns and GWS senior assistant Matthew Nicks.
Despite reports that Nicks has been informed by the Crows he has landed the gig, Yze says he has not yet heard anything back.

I wonder if Adam is still sitting by the phone waiting?

I don't want to go early but...

...his entire success as a coach will hinge on whether he selects David Mackay in round 1 next year

His very first job upon stepping into the club should be taking an angle grinder and cutting Mackay's permanently attached magnet off the team board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back