Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 25, 2009
Back in S.A.
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Don’t be so negative Pete, we could sell space on Nicks shirt
Better yet, we can make Nicks T-shirts.

1575160394590.png

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Far out, You guys remind of the time when in country we were supplied with Free Beer from the yanks only for few to complain it was not their brand so they refused to drink it.

Its Preseason sit back and enjoy the ride, and while you are at it. let the club make money, Let the club promote its Coaches, Players, is that much of problem. if so use the same advice you give others,

Don't worry I am sure there will plenty of issue to complain about during the season.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Far out, You guys remind of the time when in country we were supplied with Free Beer from the yanks only for few to complain it was not their brand so they refused to drink it.

Its Preseason sit back and enjoy the ride, and while you are at it. let the club make money, Let the club promote its Coaches, Players, is that much of problem. if so use the same advice you give others,

Don't worry I am sure there will plenty of issue to complain about during the season.
The problem is you’re so sensitive to any criticism of the Crows you took my post as a complaint. It triggered Kristof, at least you’ve kept your cool.

I merely stated what I would like to see less of.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
The problem is you’re so sensitive to any criticism of the Crows you took my post as a complaint. It triggered Kristof, at least you’ve kept your cool.

I merely stated what I would like to see less of.
Not sensitive, just struggling to see so many people complaining about nothing when there is more serious stuff to warrant their attention.
Is it so hard for you to sit back and enjoy the preseason, to watch the kids push the case,
We are injury-free, with a bunch of Kids all fighting for a chance to play AFL football. What a great time to be a supporter.
And I for one want to see this, I want more pictures about the Crows, the Coaches the Players,
I wanted to see pictures and stories of how they trained this week I don't have a licence these days (medical reasons) and rely on others to get me to venues where I can talk and see the team.
I also understand why the Club need to promote the stories you want to see less. and I also understand why this time of year Less is not good.
If you don't like it don't read or watch it.

Sensitive to criticism interesting comment coming from you.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not sensitive, just struggling to see so many people complaining about nothing when there is more serious stuff to warrant their attention.
Is it so hard for you to sit back and enjoy the preseason, to watch the kids push the case,
We are injury-free, with a bunch of Kids all fighting for a chance to play AFL football. What a great time to be a supporter.
And I for one want to see this, I want more pictures about the Crows, the Coaches the Players,
I wanted to see pictures and stories of how they trained this week I don't have a licence these days (medical reasons) and rely on others to get me to venues where I can talk and see the team.
I also understand why the Club need to promote the stories you want to see less. and I also understand why this time of year Less is not good.

Again with the word complaining. Yes you are highly sensitive to any form of criticism of the club, you’re one of the first to jump in, do you deny that?

“Sensitive to criticism interesting comment coming from you”. It’s funny you are equating defending myself to you being sensitive to any criticism of the club. Sort of proves my point doesn’t it?

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Again with the word complaining. Yes you are highly sensitive to any form of criticism of the club, you’re one of the first to jump in, do you deny that?

“Sensitive to criticism interesting comment coming from you”. It’s funny you are equating defending myself to you being sensitive to any criticism of the club. Sort of proves my point doesn’t it?
You really don't like being criticised, do you? gets your back up completely changes the topic with you. almost to a point in derailing topic.

Again any club or organisation worth spit will be promoting their Key players, In the Crows case at this time it the Coach and how he changing the culture. Sit back and enjoy.
My take only Now its the Coach and the new kids on the block in the next few weeks it will be the other younger players, Captians and veterans will come after the break, then it will about the first game and who playing
So Today and until the season starts with the first Preseason Game it time to sit back and enjoy the ride. As there will be plenty to discuss and complain about next year.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You really don't like being criticised, do you? gets your back up completely changes the topic with you. almost to a point in derailing topic.

Again any club or organisation worth spit will be promoting their Key players, In the Crows case at this time it the Coach and how he changing the culture. Sit back and enjoy.
My take only Now its the Coach and the new kids on the block in the next few weeks it will be the other younger players, Captians and veterans will come after the break, then it will about the first game and who playing
So Today and until the season starts with the first Preseason Game it time to sit back and enjoy the ride. As there will be plenty to discuss and complain about next year.
You really don’t like the club being criticised do you? Gets your back up.

Heres a tip, you aren’t the clubs guardian angel. We can pass comment, which is all it was really, whenever we choose, now, tomorrow, in a week, whenever. If you don’t like it, avoid the discussion, it’s not up to you to tell us how or when we should be posting regarding the club.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You really don’t like the club being criticised do you? Gets your back up.

Heres a tip, you aren’t the clubs guardian angel. We can pass comment, which is all it was really, whenever we choose, now, tomorrow, in a week, whenever. If you don’t like it, avoid the discussion, it’s not up to you to tell us how or when we should be posting regarding the club.
Nice one, but what about the topic at hand, and can you enjoying the preseason.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Nice one, but what about the topic at hand, and can you enjoying the preseason.
Irrelevant to the topic, the topic was about Nicks and the club pushing the good guy angle. You’re the one who has tried to turn it into enjoying the preseason, that’s your topic, not mine.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
I hope the club lays off the promotion of Nicks as a good bloke trying to build relationships, we get it.

Footage of him talking to McAsey’s parents, Schoenberg coming into his office “this is where you’ll come to talk about footy and life”. Fagan then tweets it’s and focuses on the “life” part.

Just let it happen naturally behind the scenes, we don’t need to see it, otherwise it looks staged and it’s more about the club trying to sell itself.

It was pretty cringey. Imagine if every player takes him up on his, “just drop in as you’re walking past” offer? He won’t be getting a lot done.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

You were defending the club at every turn all year. It doesn’t matter how bad it gets, you apologise for them and spin to deflect warranted criticism. You’ll eventually learn that you’re more often than not wrong and that many others have much better instincts than you.

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
You were defending the club at every turn all year. It doesn’t matter how bad it gets, you apologise for them and spin to deflect warranted criticism. You’ll eventually learn that you’re more often than not wrong and that many others have much better instincts than you.
No mate I just don't do witch hunts. as explain many times. because it causes more harm than good. and never hits the target.
As for promoting the club and opening this up to likely Sponsor's and supporters, I cannot see anything wrong with that. and I am surprised you and others do.
Save your ammo for when you need it, enjoy the preseason, I am sure there will be plenty of issues you can complain about during 2020.

Just Curious ever heard of the boy who cried wolf,

ad victoriam

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 2, 2016
Barossa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
Irrelevant to the topic, the topic was about Nicks and the club pushing the good guy angle. You’re the one who has tried to turn it into enjoying the preseason, that’s your topic, not mine.
What is wrong with promoting Nicks as a good guy, if anything it's a promising outlook on what has been going on in recent years.
Lighten up. enjoy the preseason.

Elite Crow

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
What is wrong with promoting Nicks as a good guy, if anything it's a promising outlook on what has been going on in recent years.
Lighten up. enjoy the preseason.
I explained that in my opening post.

As for lightening up, hows * off.

May 7, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide
It all resembles Sanderson circa November 2011 at the moment. Pretty eery actually!
Nah, Nicks has a far harder edge. He might have his soft cuddly side with the team first/club/family s**t but theres a nasty little * hiding underneath there somewhere. Sanderson was a bit soft in the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back