Opinion Matthew Nicks: Adelaide's Coach

Is Matthew Nicks the right coach for Adelaide's rebuild?

• Firmly yes (I love what I'm seeing)

• Leaning yes

• Can't decide either way

• Leaning no (but don't sack him yet)

• Firmly no (he should be sacked)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I hope the club lays off the promotion of Nicks as a good bloke trying to build relationships, we get it.

Footage of him talking to McAsey’s parents, Schoenberg coming into his office “this is where you’ll come to talk about footy and life”. Fagan then tweets it’s and focuses on the “life” part.

Just let it happen naturally behind the scenes, we don’t need to see it, otherwise it looks staged and it’s more about the club trying to sell itself.
Disagree. I love seeing. We are a jaded supporter base, as well as the staff and playing group.
The fans need to see this and I love it.

lunacy

Premiership Player
Jul 25, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
It was pretty cringey. Imagine if every player takes him up on his, “just drop in as you’re walking past” offer? He won’t be getting a lot done.
Well Kane said on SEN “the cameras might be rolling, but I can assure you, that is exactly what Nicks is like and who he is as a person”.

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
It was pretty cringey. Imagine if every player takes him up on his, “just drop in as you’re walking past” offer? He won’t be getting a lot done.
Yeah, much better if he says "You won't be spending much time in here kid, only if I need to give you a clip behind the ears. This is my office, you go out there with the unwashed"

Thetrader15

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 16, 2015
AFL Club
Adelaide
I don’t care about the promotion, but I do care about the substance

If my new manager introduces his office that way, I am immediately thinking this guy is a total fraud and how close is the nearest exit
I bet you pack up at 4.55 so you can make it out of the carpark by 5.00

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Yeah, much better if he says "You won't be spending much time in here kid, only if I need to give you a clip behind the ears. This is my office, you go out there with the unwashed"
It’s great if he’s working on relationship building - just don’t put it down our throats with cringe video - just get on with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Better yet, we can make Nicks T-shirts.

View attachment 787449
Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 10.14.08 am.png

It’s great if he’s working on relationship building - just don’t put it down our throats with cringe video - just get on with it.
You don't have to watch it? I think you and your mates should just automatically assume everything coming out from the Club is cringe and crap and just don't watch it. Will save us all a whole lot of angst.

Tex200

Cancelled
10k Posts Podcaster
Dec 24, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
You don't have to watch it? I think you and your mates should just automatically assume everything coming out from the Club is cringe and crap and just don't watch it. Will save us all a whole lot of angst.
If it was the first time then fair enough.

I’m measuring it against last year where we had a deluge of “everyone is so happy” videos.

We know now it was a lot of tosh and the playing group was fractured and very unhappy.

May 17, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
If it was the first time then fair enough.

I’m measuring it against last year where we had a deluge of “everyone is so happy” videos.

We know now it was a lot of tosh and the playing group was fractured and very unhappy.
They're gonna post hype stuff no matter what the state of the club is. They certainly weren't going to post negative (realistic?) things during the PS and it probably was a bit happier during pre-season because you have no real competition to measure yourself against. Everything is great until it's not when the L's hit hard.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Disagree. I love seeing. We are a jaded supporter base, as well as the staff and playing group.
The fans need to see this and I love it.

You mean like at the beginning of 2019 where all the talk was about how much fun everyone was having because we bought the fun element back only to implode massively.

The fans need to see results not BS promotions as a result of our past incompetence.

Big Gazoongas

Cancelled
May 18, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide

What would save us a lot of angst if you stop thinking that others should suck up every morsel the club throws out.

If anything recent history shows the exact opposite.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Wait, we're arguing about whether Nicks is too nice to the newly drafted players and their families???
I think it started a few pages back when Elite Crow took issue with how the club was promoting Nicks. I think relative to the club's other propaganda issues, it's a bit of a non-issue really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back