Review Matthew Panos??

Should Panos be played on the forward line before the end of this season?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

by the way If you dogs fans are wondering why Panos never got a game it's because they were trying to make him a defender. But Panos refused.

Source: His dad.

I'm sure there was another reason...

I don't think they were trying to turn him into a defender, because even when they were playing him in defense, he still played time up forward. I would say teaching him to be a more accountable forward would be closer to the truth. Possibly even more of a utility type who could play at both ends when required.

Maybe telling people that is his way of convincing himself of the reasons for being dropped.

I personally would have loved to have seen him play a few senior games. He is a good forward, but he is no monster forward who demanded selection. He essentially would have been fighting for a spot against someone like DFA, who is as strong, can kick goals, can defend, can run through the middle and is a fair bit quicker these days.

Hooper, Schofield?

It's history now, however I don't think those two were involved.

Schofield quit because he didn't have it in him to deal with the rigors of AFL football. Sadly I think Hoops just wasn't good enough.

It's history now, however I don't think those two were involved.

Schofield quit because he didn't have it in him to deal with the rigors of AFL football. Sadly I think Hoops just wasn't good enough.
I heard a few different things involving them 2 lads. Not sure whether there true or not.

There was a lot of talk about Moles being a bit of a party animal also.

Makes sense to get rid of them. You have Libba, who is on his way to being a superstar and who is also young and liked to party a bit in the past.

Getting rid of any possible influences who are borderline best 22 at best to save a genuine star. Easy decision to make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i have witness Moles gambling quite a bit at Etihad a few times

during and after his career
but then again everyone is allowed to do waht they want.

Anyone know where Hooper is playing now and how he's going? Last I seen off here was he was devastated to be de-listed, may be enough to get to the next level if he wanted to make it badly enough

Anyone know where Hooper is playing now and how he's going? Last I seen off here was he was devastated to be de-listed, may be enough to get to the next level if he wanted to make it badly enough

Playing at Glenelg in the SANFL.

Panos was too slow and very one dimensional. Gun state league forward, just gets found out at AFL level. There's heaps of them going around at the moment. See Darren Ewing for NT Thunder, probably the smartest forward I've ever seen. Just too slow and undersized to play key posts at AFL level. 20 years ago they'd be AFL players. Game is too evolved for these types now.

Panos was too slow and very one dimensional. Gun state league forward, just gets found out at AFL level. There's heaps of them going around at the moment. See Darren Ewing for NT Thunder, probably the smartest forward I've ever seen. Just too slow and undersized to play key posts at AFL level. 20 years ago they'd be AFL players. Game is too evolved for these types now.

How the hell would anyone know that. He never got a chance at AFL level to prove anyone wrong.

Back