Delisted Matthew Parker

Remove this Banner Ad

Very proud to be Player Advocate for Matthew this year. He seems like a fantastic player.

As someone that works in a remote Aboriginal community, I'm really proud that the club is making a concerted effort to make pathways for more indigenous players. Not only do the players benefit from more opportunity and a welcoming environment, but our club will benefit through the diversity and stories they bring. I'm sure many of our players will learn a lot from a bloke like Matthew, who has most likely had a very different upbringing and experiences to them. Not to mention the enormous talent this bloke will bring to our side.

I really hope Matthew can make it and look forward to following his career at the Saints. I can't wait to see him play this year and wouldn't be surprised if he makes the side early on, just like a certain Ben Long in his first year.

Adding a previous post below that contains a news story on Matthew pre-draft.

There's a Today/Tonight video on Parker in this article, worth watching...

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-dr...ry-buckenaras-top-50-prospects-ng-b881027034z

Look out!

47575594_10156396479078183_2927334565175361536_n.jpg

Parker the most talked about Saint.
Bringing the vibe back to the club.

He looks really impressive so far . He maybe selected in the side as early as round one . I think he is a great pick up by the Saints. He gives us a bit more bite in the forward line or as a mid . The three older recruits we got are adding much more depth to our team already .

Go Saints

Very excited by him at training the other day. Very fast player and looks to have great skills. Hopefully can crack his way into the side early, imagine he'll play on a wing and half-forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a good game in the intraclub yesterday, kicking a few goals. Definitely in the mix for round 1.

The fans have spoken, and debutant Matty Parker has been voted the Round 1 Dare Iced Coffee Sainter of the Round.

The mature-ager’s unconventional road to the AFL has been well publicised, his meteoric rise from B-grade amateur footy in Perth inspired by Geelong’s Tim Kelly.
Following a memorable jumper presentation from St Kilda’s last indigenous import from South Fremantle – the legendary Nicky Winmar – Parker played like a man with a point to prove.

The first-gamer hunted the footy relentlessly all afternoon, summed up best by the deafening roar of the red, white and black faithful after a series of repeat efforts forced the panicked Suns to concede a throw-in.

Don’t Panic !!

An outstanding debut by Parker. 2 goals, massive pressure, speed and long kicking including 7 inside 50s. Looks like we have a jet on our hands.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back