Universal Love Matthew Pavlich: 350 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude, but for me Pav is way in front of his current peers, none of Riewoldt-Brown and the like have been as versatile as him. Tell me when the other key posi players have been able to play down back-middle or forward. He is way in front of all of them.

And while Boomers effort to play 427 games is a super effort, i personally rate Pavs as high. For him to be able to play that many games with all the travel included is a huge effort, and i'm not sure anyone else will fully understand what he has achieved other than Freo and Eagles players and supporters.

He is a legend of the current game, and given the upcoming new stadium being built i would hope one end could be named the Pavlich end.It would be a fitting tribute to one of the greatest to play in the West.

Last edited:

Just wanted to add my congratulations. Pavlich has been a true champion, both for the game and for Fremantle. Well done.

My only regret is that Pav's 350th has coincided with Boomer's 427th this weekend. It would have been good to see Pav's effort get more recognition.

He's been a star for your club and a genuinely loved player throughout the AFL. I'm happy for you to come 2nd today but hope Pavlich has a good one! All the best!

Only 3 more goals for him to reach 700.

Only 1 goal behind Walters for the leading goal kicker award as well. Be interesting to see if the players feed him some extras in the coming weeks to help get him over the line. In Kobe's last game a few months ago the Lakers fed him the ball all night and he ended up scoring 60 points which made him the highest scoring player in a game for the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back