Toast Matthew Pavlich: Fremantle's Oldest Ever Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Something that seems to have slipped notice this weekend is that Matthew Pavlich has surpassed Shane Parker as being the oldest player to ever put on the boots for Freo. On Saturday he was aged 34 years and 142 days, going passed Shane Parker's age during his final game of 34 years and 140 days.

Top 10 oldest players for Freo:
  1. Matthew Pavlich (34 years, 142 days)*
  2. Shane Parker (34 years, 140 days)
  3. Dale Kickett (34 years, 63 days)
  4. Luke McPharlin (33 years, 272 days)
  5. Aaron Sandilands (33 years, 125 days)*
  6. Shaun McManus (32 years, 176 days)
  7. Tony Modra (32 years, 135 days)
  8. Peter Bell (32 years, 120 days)
  9. Antoni Grover (32 years, 119 days)
  10. Adrian Fletcher (31 years, 326 days)

Unfortunately, he looks every bit his age out there at the moment.

Absolute champion of the club. Wish he had access to whatever St Nick and Pinchy Harvey have to keep them going though.

Tell you what, put those 10 players in their prime in the same team, you'd have the makings of a pretty handy outfit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously, we're toasting Pav for being the oldest player for Freo. Surely he deserves a better thread title than that in his final year?

If rested this week, Pav will play 350 away to Gold Coast, but the following 3 weeks are all at home so 1 more missed game will see him play at home vs Sydney, then we have a derby followed by Adelaide so you'd think we will get him to have the 350th one of those weeks.

Hope there is a wing named after him at the new stadium. Better than naming it after a junkee

Agree

Mainwaring was a crack head who left his family in search of more drugs yo feed his addiction and now we have an annual parade for him.

Pav should get some recognition for his achievements at the new stadium

If rested this week, Pav will play 350 away to Gold Coast, but the following 3 weeks are all at home so 1 more missed game will see him play at home vs Sydney, then we have a derby followed by Adelaide so you'd think we will get him to have the 350th one of those weeks.
If we rest him this week I assume we'll rest him v Melbourne in Darwin as well. That makes the 350th at home.

feel free to call me crazy
but what are ppl thoughts on this mental idea

With the lack of experience down back and the fact that Tab seems to play better when he is key target up FWD. Why not send the old pav down back to play that lose off HB similar to what mundy has been doing. it keeps mundy in the guts and it stops pav getting his body smashed every by terrible kicks on his head

feel free to call me crazy
but what are ppl thoughts on this mental idea

With the lack of experience down back and the fact that Tab seems to play better when he is key target up FWD. Why not send the old pav down back to play that lose off HB similar to what mundy has been doing. it keeps mundy in the guts and it stops pav getting his body smashed every by terrible kicks on his head

I wouldn't be totally against that idea, and it's a lot more appealing than Pav playing as a key defender, but would only want to see it when Apeness is ready to come into the team.

I'll be looking forward to taking part in a Pav-an on the pav-ed area under the Pav-ilion whilst watching the team train out on the Pavl-oval under the guidance of Assistant Coach Pav. Expect we will see some reduced S-pav-ins to all our players once we make the move and our team will become more im-pav-id for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back