Toast Matthew Pavlich inducted to AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

That was the year before. AFL Tables tell me unlike the Pav game the year after in this one we finished up getting belted.
Two years before. Pav went nuts in 2005, that goal was in 2003.

It was that game in 2005 which turned us around for a mini run of form for five games, nearly making the finals. Had we won the Adelaide game we'd have made them. It was almost as if Pav personally decided he was sick of losing.

Not really, it’s like counting Brownlow votes during finals. I think an * next to the finals goals is fine, as long as they’re recognised.
I actually don't have a problem with that but I admit it's a harder point to argue. The Brownlow is a subjective judgement of the umpires while the Coleman is (or should be) just maths. Entirely different things. Maybe the Pavlich Medal for someone who kicks the most goals without winning the Coleman? As you say, at the very least it should be officially acknowledged.

I don't think there was anyway Pav wasn't playing in that semi against crows unless they amputated his leg.

Should have won that game regardless.
McPharlin being unavailable cost us more in that game than anything else, we simply couldn't contain Walker and Tippett.

So happy that our captain should have been celebrated in this manner. Gerard Whately, Mark Robinson, Kath? and Ross Lyon did him proud. Made every Freo supporter proud. Brought a tear to the eye.

In my opinion, The West Australian was mean-spirited in its acknowledgement of Pav's achievements the following morning. A small portrait of the great man. I guess he is the competition, not channel 7 and not WCE. But still very mean-spirited.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

So happy that our captain should have been celebrated in this manner. Gerard Whately, Mark Robinson, Kath? and Ross Lyon did him proud. Made every Freo supporter proud. Brought a tear to the eye.

In my opinion, The West Australian was mean-spirited in its acknowledgement of Pav's achievements the following morning. A small portrait of the great man. I guess he is the competition, not channel 7 and not WCE. But still very mean-spirited.

Days like this is what I wish WA had another paper. The fact The West is the state newspaper is so embarrassingly pathetic

Some of my greatest shops were tributes to this legend of a man. Love you Pav. Thoroughly deserved.

View attachment 1424132

View attachment 1424133

narrator: we did not dine on hawks
Me too.

d0XOz2S.png

PurpleReign observing from the outer.

Last edited:
Days like this is what I wish WA had another paper. The fact The West is the state newspaper is so embarrassingly pathetic
The West is just trying to retain readership in a shrinking world. If the majority of the WA readership is WC supporters, then the paper must pander to them. Its got more to do with the bottom line than bias. No point complaining about it. I think the last thing 2/3 of the state wants to read about right now is the Hall of Fame unless its one of theirs.

It takes nothing away from Matthew Pavlich, he knows we love him and always will.
Unless he shoots Bambi or something, And even then, we'd ask if his family was starving, because that would be ok. Unless Bambi was a Freo supporter. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.

The West is just trying to retain readership in a shrinking world. If the majority of the WA readership is WC supporters, then the paper must pander to them. Its got more to do with the bottom line than bias. No point complaining about it. I think the last thing 2/3 of the state wants to read about right now is the Hall of Fame unless its one of theirs.

It takes nothing away from Matthew Pavlich, he knows we love him and always will.
Unless he shoots Bambi or something, And even then, we'd ask if his family was starving, because that would be ok. Unless Bambi was a Freo supporter. I'm not sure where I'm going with this.
West Coast fans AND liberals.
They made no secret of their front page advertisement of Liberals over the election campaign.
Eh. It’ll die. Having to pay for articles behind a paywall isn’t going to help them either

Newspaper readers are older, so are WC supporters. I think a good percentage of the reason our crowds are louder is simply because they are younger rather than being inherently more passionate.

However for this particular incident I favour mean spiritedness as the reason rather than pure pandering.

But seriously, would you expect anything different from that mob!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back