Toast Matthew Pavlich inducted to AFL Hall of Fame

Remove this Banner Ad

Pav's got a lot of highlights they could choose from the 2012 final against Geelong but they synched the vision probably from the 2010 losing final against Geelong at the same time as Ross is talking about the first winning final against Geelong at the MCG. Jumpers are wrong. Pav is shown marking against Ling who retired after their 2011 premiership win.

When Pav first re-signed with us and resisted the offers to go back to SA was a massive moment in the club’s history. The club was about as low as a club could be in terms of respect/financially and results. I liken the situation to the coolest kid in school sitting and chatting with the bullied kids at lunchtime.
Thanks Pav and congratulations.

An icon and legend at our club.

Still remember travelling to Perth from South Australia the 1st time to go to a Dockers game a month out back in the middle of 2011.

As the days became closer the bonus was it was vs the sun's. Most importantly it was Matt Pavlichs 250th.

It was wet, Freo won easily.

I will always cherish every Dockers game pav played in Adelaide from 2005-16.

I went to every Dockers game when they came to Adelaide since 2005. Pavlich helped us in a few memorable wins at footy park from 2005-13.

An icon and legend at our club.

Still remember travelling to Perth from South Australia the 1st time to go to a Dockers game a month out back in the middle of 2011.

As the days became closer the bonus was it was vs the sun's. Most importantly it was Matt Pavlichs 250th.

It was wet, Freo won easily.

I will always cherish every Dockers game pav played in Adelaide from 2005-16.

I went to every Dockers game when they came to Adelaide since 2005. Pavlich helped us in a few memorable wins at footy park from 2005-13.

Were you there at Football Park the day Pav kicked 8 against the Crows (in a losing cause).

What a great day for the FFC, firstly great recognition for one of our young upcoming stars in Brandon Walker & then tonight our best ever & one of the men who kept us relevant when times were tough. Not a more professional, loyal & deserving candidate will you find.

Well done champ & well done young fella as well.

I don't care what any other player ever achieves with fremantle. He will always be my greatest ever player. 700 goals while playing defence, midfield or being double teamed while playing forward for a terrible side. The loyalty was so important as our club grew. Would have destroyed my childhood if he left. What a man.

No the headline story was an interview with Shuey declaring he will play next year , My wife still has channel 7 on when I walked back into the living room and the short news headlines finished with Shuey will play on next year.
And at the end of the sport segment they whet our appetite by announcing that Natanui would be on tomorrow night .
Never change 7.

NicNat to discuss the stress of pregnancies in the first trimester.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A+ footballer. A+ Human.
Must have being hard leaving SA as a mere toddler to make a home in Freo, but he embraced us as much as we embraced him.
Purple to the core.
You only need to say "Pav" anywhere in WA and people know who you mean, even enemies.
Love him. Heart and soul guy who bleeds purple.
Deserving Hall of Fame entry.

A+ footballer. A+ Human.
Must have being hard leaving SA as a mere toddler to make a home in Freo, but he embraced us as much as we embraced him.
Purple to the core.
You only need to say "Pav" anywhere in WA and people know who you mean, even enemies.
Love him. Heart and soul guy who bleeds purple.
Deserving Hall of Fame entry.
Pav has enemies?

Massive congrats to the great man. Growing up and watching him was an absolute privilege in a household that didn’t follow much footy and a terrific idol that seemed like a higher being at some points. For what he did building this club, he’ll forever be the greatest and most important Docker imo
I just hope that when we do win our first he can cast aside the feigned neutrality and go mental like Richo did.
When the day eventually comes, he presents the cup yeah? Can’t think of anyone more fitting to do it, Belly would’ve done it in 2013 but Pav surely gets the gig next time

Remove this Banner Ad

Back