Podcast Matthew Richardson Tuesday 4pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi All

I’ve reached out to Richo, he’s happy to join me for another show.

What would you like me to discuss. Obviously we’re all hurting but let’s keep it to questions he’s over. Coaching I’m sure isn’t his sphere.

Cheers

Hi All

I’ve reached out to Richo, he’s happy to join me for another show.

What would you like me to discuss. Obviously we’re all hurting but let’s keep it to questions he’s over. Coaching I’m sure isn’t his sphere.

Cheers

Could he explain exactly what areas he is responsible for.

Concerning that the club will make another loss, what strategies will the club employ to increase cash flow and also what areas can it cost cut ?​

Expectation management. Why does the club publicly play down our potential to excuse low performance instead of setting a high standard and holding people accountable?
example?

Just ask him what it’s like working at the PAFC, for him.

I’d like to hear his perspective on how things are at the club, what the supporters are like day to day. The players etc.

I’m a big fan of Matty Richardson so would love to hear it.

I'd like to know how the club plans to the gap between us and the benchmark clubs. In my mind those that achieve perennial onnfield success. At the moment that would be Hawthorn, WCE, Geelong and Richmond.

Rather than throwing our hands up and saying it is too hard. Rather than just blaming finances.

What are we tangibly doing to improve, to work smarter, to bridge the gap on and off field.

I would also like to ask him to benchmark our stadium deal vs all the others around the country and give us the reasons why we make so much less from larger crowds. What specifically do we miss out on that they get.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

We're a little club from Alberton punching above our weight. It's a tough competition and somebody has to win. We've got a long way to go before we can be a club like Richmond. We're happy with our trajectory. We'd re-sign Ken right now if he was out of contract.

Etc.

What is happening with regard to 150 events and celebrations?

Obligatory prison bar guernsey question but try and get some specifics about its use and future not just a vague long game response.

Does he expect us to make up any ground on 2019 season lost memberships or are they projecting a further downturn?

Is this the recession we had to have? Do they have strategies for getting members back, not just damage controlling further losses?

Is there a new major sponsor lined up if Oak pulls the pin?

Any specific examples of future growth in China investment both from and to the club.

As a long time Port member what can I expect to see next season that will make me confident of the future?

As a long time Port member what can I expect to see next season that will make me confident of the future?

Good question, if i was to flip it, what if I asked you, what doesn't make you confident?

Good question, if i was to flip it, what if I asked you, what doesn't make you confident?
How long have you got?

A coach who sets low standards
A game an incapable of kicking goals
A squad full of perennial under achievers
A coaching group who seems unable to learn from their mistakes
A club who can't handle expectation
Our debt
A lack of burning desire from our on field leaders
A leadership team that seems more willing to offer excuses than search for answers.
A lack of development of our gun juniors past their break out season
A gap in the age bracket of our list

I could go on....

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does he sleep at night and what drugs if any is he on and where can I get them

Quality contribution mate, thanks for that.

Is the club actively loading up Rucci, Gerard Whateley and Kane Cornes to push their victim-blaming narratives (members and fans) to insulate Hinkley from justified criticism, in exchange for greater access to the inner sanctum and thus enhanced copy?

I think it is a big leap of faith to think we will jump from being a mid table plodder to a top 4 challenger.

I am.concerned about trading loss rumours and membership drop off. This reflects on a divided supporter base which may be evident in other parts of the club.

Stability of the coaching group. We have all heard the rumours of a rift between Ken and Schoey. You can ask him about that too if you like.

Stability of the board. Are they all pulling in the same direction?

And are we fully committed to China or is there more we could do? This is another leap of faith Project. Are there key performance measures that he can share?

I don't think we stand up enough for ourselves. Witness the jumper farce last night and how we get bullied about what we can wear. This is a national competition with international aspirations that still behaves like a suburban Melbourne toy.

Sections of the media in SA gets away with pushing an agenda aimed at dragging Port down and we do not push back enough.

Im not sure if he is the right man for all of these but I'd love to know...
1. China. Have ANY tangible benefits come from this? If not, when will they and how will we know it when its here.
2. Clarify the situation on the PB. What agreements (if any) have been signed?
3. How is it we still have the 8th best attendence and run the 2nd biggest loss (or something like that)?
4. Women's team. Almost everyone else has one. Why dont we? Will we?

And if you can, please use every opportunity to remind him and anyone else at the club how BS the dual captaincy is and that many of us are angry that with one hand, the club will try to monetise our 150th (oh the glorious history) whilst showing disdain for that history despite being made well and truly aware of it by their members.

Cheers. Looking forward to the podcast. Thanks for your continued work :)

Ask him who the club employs in terms of mindfulness etc. Tom Jonas was saying in an interview that this is the next frontier in sport.

Ask him if we were down by 5 points, who would put their hand up to kick the match winning goal? And if it’s not every forward and midfielder, tell him that their mental training coaches suck.

Appreciate your effort to get people on Rick but right now I don't give a single s**t what anybody at our club has to say about anything unless it's 'Ken Hinkley has been sacked'. There's no satisfactory answers to the tough questions other posters have been throwing out in this thread, and I have no interest in listening to poor Richo try to defend other people's indefensible decisions.

Ask him who the club employs in terms of mindfulness etc. Tom Jonas was saying in an interview that this is the next frontier in sport.

Ask him if we were down by 5 points, who would put their hand up to kick the match winning goal? And if it’s not every forward and midfielder, tell him that their mental training coaches suck.
David Steventon is the mindset coach that spoke at the members convention.

I thought he spoke quite well but the results suggest otherwise.

On SM-G960F using
BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back