Podcast Matthew Richardson Tuesday 4pm

Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Do the players love Ken because he is soft on them? Or is there something else we are missing as the players surely cannot look back and say they love Ken because he got the best out of them.

Also/ when will Jonas stop coming across as a condescending, pretentious knob when he speaks about poor performances?

Sep 3, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Members feel like the club has stopped listening to them, with the Co-Captains decision the most visible manifestation of this. With the drop off in Memberships has the club realised Members won’t accept the views of a large majority being actively disregarded and will they reverse it or are are egos too fragile and the club would rather lose another million over it?

Rift in coaching groups, game plan etc I’m sure he can’t and won’t answer.

You can ask the question Is the current coaching group contracted for next year and will the same coaching group be there next year. He doesn't have to answer a question about a rift, but it's not unreasonable for us to know if everyone is locked in.

You can ask the question Is the current coaching group contracted for next year and will the same coaching group be there next year. He doesn't have to answer a question about a rift, but it's not unreasonable for us to know if everyone is locked in.

Agreed

Re: Wearing the Bars twice in 2020.

1. Why only twice?

2. Home Showdown is a given ... but why the suggestion (Rucci) of the away Showdown, too?

3. ANZAC Round must also be a given for the Bars. Is it?

Re: Wearing the Bars twice in 2020.

1. Why only twice?

2. Home Showdown is a given ... but why the suggestion (Rucci) of the away Showdown, too?

3. ANZAC Round must also be a given for the Bars. Is it?

Yeah, limiting it to a South Australian opponent only was silly.

Home Showdown and then another home game against someone like the Scray or West Coast would’ve been perfect to both showcase it, and further lock it in as one of our guernseys, than just some sort of archaic ‘SA only’ oddity.

Mar 10, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man Utd, Celtic, Tanunda
Who from the playing group will demand accountability on the field and not tolerate mediocrity?
Will any of our leaders do what Book does to elevate their level of performance?
Does the Board know how much they have alienated supporters, and do they care at all?
If China has been mismanaged and won't deliver rivers of gold will we pull out? If not then when will we get serious about making it work?
Will the club enforce some rigour to off field people involved in getting help to attend to matters so that things get done quicker?
Will we get nudes?

Ford Fairlane comments about how we just sit back and take all the s**t the media in this state want to dish up to us is bang on.

We seem more interested in not offending anyone and be everyone’s second favourite team meanwhile that are laughing behind our backs while they continue to chip away and undermine our club.
I mean we seem to do enough self harm but to continue to allow Crow media ambassadors access without any push back to the BS they peddle is simply insipid and spineless

chickentendies

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Mar 26, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Massive thanks for his time. Both of my questions are fairly blunt and unintentionally so, but I do appreciate that he's willing to talk.

- What does he feel is the biggest rift between the fans and club and how does he feel is the best way to bridge the gap?
- What external programs/courses can our current coaching staff do to ensure that they are ahead of the curve? Is this something we actively pursue?

A lot of money was invested at Adelaide oval upgrading the sound and lighting.
Does port have any plans to make better use of these elements to revitalise our match day experience. (Which has gone significantly backwards)

Jason K

Premium Platinum
Mar 1, 2014
Henley Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
There's no question but I'd like them to know we're not stupid. Making unpopular decisions i.e co-captains and leaking it slowly to temper our reactions is infuriating.

I'm sure he cannot tell us Schofield's situation but let him know how disastrous losing him (especially while retaining Ken) would be to members.

It feels like the people in charge of the club are actively trying to break us all. They need re-educate themselves on what Port Adelaide means. Stop making us the enemy.

One last thing, when we lose a game, it breaks our hearts. I personally leave AO absolutely gutted if we lose. If the head coach is smiling and laughing while we're hurting, how does he think we will re-act. If Ken was hurting but tried to hide it with smiles, I'd suggest using a different tactic.

When you choose 2 captains and then have the old captain do the majority of the pressers particularly after horrendous losses what was the point of changing to this captaincy model and the 2 booked you chose? Also why does one of those captains find his best avenue is to push against and be a smart arse towards people who disagreed with the decision, some of whom have supported the club longer than he has been alive, rather than shut the * up and actually justify his place in the team?

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Ask him what our debt level is currently at and how much we aim to repay of it annually (doubt he'd release that info)

Yeah, limiting it to a South Australian opponent only was silly.

Home Showdown and then another home game against someone like the Scray or West Coast would’ve been perfect to both showcase it, and further lock it in as one of our guernseys, than just some sort of archaic ‘SA only’ oddity.

My guess the AFL seem it something that is a tribute to our South Australian heritage, having most relevance against another South Australian club, which is ho hum to me.

My guess the AFL seem it something that is a tribute to our South Australian heritage, having most relevance against another South Australian club, which is ho hum to me.

I just don’t see how we’re still not at a point where we can sign off on something like the following:

• Never claim to be the Magpies in any AFL competition (League, Reserves, or otherwise). All rights to the emblem at SANFL level reserved.

• Never wear the prisonbar against Collingwood under any circumstance. Home, away, finals or otherwise.

• Never wear the prisonbar in games played outside South Australia.

• Reserve the right to wear the prisonbar in home games at a time of our choosing to a maximum of 2? 5? times per year.

Put a 10 or 20 year expiry on that to be revisited in future if and when the AFL finally grows up and steps into the 21st Century.

Back