Delisted Matthew Scharenberg [delisted]

Remove this Banner Ad

Prochard123

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
According to HS, looking to return to Adelaide.

Can't see him getting a game at port, but maybe crows will have a look.

Still only 25, strong 1 on 1, excellent kick, good decision making. Has all the tools to become an excellent key defender/half back, and has the rare versatility to do both. However, his knee injuries have seriously taken his speed out of the game, which hasn't even mattered due to his inability to get on the field in the first place.

If fit, even without speed he would definitely be best 22 for us. He's very reliable by foot, and can be trusted to defend against forwards of different types.

At this point, we are honestly just happy to clear up some more space, as it sounds like our chase for Ben Brown, Jack Gunston, Connor Blakely is still alive. Would be happy with a mid-late 3rd to accumulate some more points. And no, we will not pay some of his salary to make the trade happen, defeats the point of trading him in the first place.

According to HS, looking to return to Adelaide.

Can't see him getting a game at port, but maybe crows will have a look.

Still only 25, strong 1 on 1, excellent kick, good decision making. Has all the tools to become an excellent key defender/half back, and has the rare versatility to do both. However, his knee injuries have seriously taken his speed out of the game, which hasn't even mattered due to his inability to get on the field in the first place.

If fit, even without speed he would definitely be best 22 for us. He's very reliable by foot, and can be trusted to defend against forwards of different types.

At this point, we are honestly just happy to clear up some more space, as it sounds like our chase for Ben Brown, Jack Gunston, Connor Blakely is still alive. Would be happy with a mid-late 3rd to accumulate some more points. And no, we will not pay some of his salary to make the trade happen, defeats the point of trading him in the first place.
He’s out of contract, so salary wouldn’t be an issue anyway. He gets paid what he’s offered from the club that wants him, nothing to do with the pies. Paying part of the salary only ever comes in to play when the player in question is under contract still.

That was a future 4th.
That was a salary dump too though.

Regardless, Shaz has no currency anymore. He’ll be moved for a token pick, and I wish him well wherever he lands. Hopefully his next club won’t pigeon hole him in to a position that they’re oversupplied with already.

Delisted free agent is the only way he gets to another club or a pick 70+

Unfortunately for Scharenberg both the Crows & Power are well stocked for defenders and not sure they would be interested in him due to injuries
was a good young talent but the knee issue's have finished him off.

Well he is Contracted next year so might as well at least give him 1 more season then
I think it will be the cap space that forces the trade, he’s apparently on decent coin given his output.

but I don’t mind your idea, particularly if Langdon retires. He could find a place in a back pocket if he can stay fit. Quality player

I think it will be the cap space that forces the trade, he’s apparently on decent coin given his output.

but I don’t mind your idea, particularly if Langdon retires. He could find a place in a back pocket if he can stay fit. Quality player
That post was from last year. Shaz is uncontracted now so salary isn’t an issue, he just needs a fresh start, and I’m sure we’ll try and facilitate that with minimal fuss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back