Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I actually cried when I saw Buck's press conference and he all but confirmed an ACL.

I am feeling between very sad and angry, just hope no-one posts anything stupied as I am up for a fight.

You know how much I like Shaz, absolutely gutted!

I noticed you’ve been a little feisty tonight ;). I haven’t seen Bucks’ post game conference as yet and I don’t really feel like watching it either. Just feel shattered for Shaz, such a horrible thing to have happen again.

Exactly how I feel levendi.

House full of relatives and I am sitting here typing this with a tear in my eye.

Call me a softy but I love what Shazza has showed us this year......footy isn’t fair sometimes. :(
Exactly same situation, relos asking if I'm alright, absolutely shattered for him.

tenor.gif

You can beat this, boy. You've done it before. You can do it again...

Havent all of them gone off virtually no impact? Just normal changes of direction. Must be bloody hard to trust your body after it lets you down so many times

Havent all of them gone off virtually no impact? Just normal changes of direction. Must be bloody hard to trust your body after it lets you down so many times
ACLs are usually non-contact injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love Shazz, such a humble man. I have no doubt all the players coaches and club in general are shattered for him and will be there supporting him to the fullest. I can just see Grundy, Aish Broomhead all by his side

Our team has some real strong character players, esp Pendles, Treloar, Sidey, Goldsack Adams Dunn they will be there for moral support.

Thank god his parents decided to be at the game.

Get well Shazz it's 9 months to April.

I think Dunny will take him under his wing and hopefully see both back in some capacity next year.
All the best Schaz
I absolutely ******* love Lynden Dunn. Shaz couldn't have a better bloke to do his rehab with. He'd die for the jumper. If we can win a flag in the next three years and solidify him as a Pie and not a Dee, I'd be so freaking happy for him.

In brief: Lynden is a legend and I agree that Shaz couldn't have better company.

Really gutting news.
The way it happened is also a concern for mine.. no contact involved, not an awkward landing scenario. It was a pretty standard push off movement that just didn't seem to merit popping an acl.

My heart aches for Matthew. One could very much understand if he wanted to just hang the boots up at this point. Wish him the absolute best not only with recovery but for life in general. Hopefully he has lots of good humans around him.

Genuinely guttered for Shaz.

Absolutely sick in the stomach, was having a really good season and his ability to match up on big and smalls will be really really missed. This one might be the straw that breaks the camels back for us this season. I mean as a club has there ever been such a horrid run for injuries in the one season. I have a feeling we will never see the best of this squad.

We again showed the Tigers up until 3/4 time that we can not only match them but go past them on our day given what we were missing on the day and in the match. Gallant effort boys and Shaz all the best in your recovery champ. I pray we see out there on the footy field again. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back