Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

It took him quite a while to mentally get into the game, regardless of fitness. He was timid, slow and uncompetitive in many contests even at the start of games (his first few VFL games back). Mentally I would expect he'll need a few months of games before he gets the confidence in his body to perform at his best, I don't know whether coming back from a 2nd reco is harder or easier mentally... he'll have the experience but now he has both knees in the back of his mind.
I love how you pretend like you know what his mindset will be because he was timid for a few games coming off no preseason.

Never mind that by the time the season rolls around he'll have likely played an intraclub game and two or 3 preseason games in addition to a couple of months of full contact training. Yes. He will still be a timid little thing because Kappa can read minds...

It took him quite a while to mentally get into the game, regardless of fitness. He was timid, slow and uncompetitive in many contests even at the start of games (his first few VFL games back). Mentally I would expect he'll need a few months of games before he gets the confidence in his body to perform at his best, I don't know whether coming back from a 2nd reco is harder or easier mentally... he'll have the experience but now he has both knees in the back of his mind.

FFS how did he manage that? Bloody Davoren ;) :p

I love how you pretend like you know what his mindset will be because he was timid for a few games coming off no preseason.

Never mind that by the time the season rolls around he'll have likely played an intraclub game and two or 3 preseason games in addition to a couple of months of full contact training. Yes. He will still be a timid little thing because Kappa can read minds...
That might be a bit strong Apex. Its a pretty reasonable assessment to think after so much time off with serious injury he may take some time to settle. Bucks himself acknowledged that the other day and said he would be given time. See quote below from CFC website

Fit Scharenberg an 'exciting' prospect for Pies

"Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley told AFL Media the club was excited by what the 21-year-old might eventually add to the line-up but he would be given plenty of time to settle back into playing football.

"Our expectations are really tempered by the fact he's only just getting some clear air now," Buckley said.

"He has had a wretched run but he has been able to get back on par. He has had no hiccups through pre-season.

"He has put a good fitness block in and he is probably in a position now where he can find out what sort of an AFL footballer he is going to be." "

I think supporter expectation would be wise to be managed. He may take a bit of VFL time to find his feet. If he does it quicker all the better but its a real possibility he wont.

Whylies baths just to south of coogee beach on walkway

I thought so.......nice part of Australia you live in surfer1! :thumbsu:

It's not rocket science that players need months of games under their belts to mentally get over a knee reco, it's pretty much basic established fact in 2017.

It's very rare players come back from a knee reco and quickly return to their best.

But you can pretend that he'll be back to his best straight away because Apex is always right :rolleyes:

That might be a bit strong Apex. Its a pretty reasonable assessment to think after so much time off with serious injury he may take some time to settle. Bucks himself acknowledged that the other day and said he would be given time. See quote below from CFC website

Fit Scharenberg an 'exciting' prospect for Pies

"Collingwood coach Nathan Buckley told AFL Media the club was excited by what the 21-year-old might eventually add to the line-up but he would be given plenty of time to settle back into playing football.

"Our expectations are really tempered by the fact he's only just getting some clear air now," Buckley said.

"He has had a wretched run but he has been able to get back on par. He has had no hiccups through pre-season.

"He has put a good fitness block in and he is probably in a position now where he can find out what sort of an AFL footballer he is going to be." "

I think supporter expectation would be wise to be managed. He may take a bit of VFL time to find his feet. If he does it quicker all the better but its a real possibility he wont.
He'll play round 1.
It's not rocket science that players need months of games under their belts to mentally get over a knee reco, it's pretty much basic established fact in 2017.

It's very rare players come back from a knee reco and quickly return to their best.

But you can pretend that he'll be back to his best straight away because Apex is always right :rolleyes:
Didn't say he'll immediately be at his best, just that you have absolutely no idea what his state of mind will be come round 1. Nice effort trying to twist my words though.

No pressure, Matthew.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll play round 1.

Didn't say he'll immediately be at his best, just that you have absolutely no idea what his state of mind will be come round 1. Nice effort trying to twist my words though.

You twist my words then complain when I twist yours... interesting.

He'll be upset that Blair will be playing VFL though.
I don't think so. One thing you can be fairly sure about is a journeyman like Blair, who gives his all for the team, will have a pretty realistic view of his place in the team. I would guess internally its higher than you would rate him and I would bet the Pendles etc of the world see him in a different light. Bucks also will know where Blair stands. He was rightly selected in 2016 but will have to do plenty to keep that spot in 2017. I suspect Bucks does have a soft spot for Blair because he has given his all week in week out. I cant help but like that too.

For Shaz, everyone hopes the kid gets a real crack at it this year. I havent been as enthused as other by what I saw in 2015 but doesnt mean he wont be very good going forward. I am hoping like hell to be proved a bad judge yet again. Still it wont hurt to temper expectations for some. It wont be any problem if he is not up and about by round 1, he may need some time yet.

You twist my words then complain when I twist yours... interesting.
Didn't twist your words. You flat out acted like you knew what his mindset would be and I called you on it. Then you whinged and made out like I thought he'd be at his best straight away. Called you on that twist too. Now you're trying to save face. It's amusing.

Didn't twist your words. You flat out acted like you knew what his mindset would be and I called you on it. Then you whinged and made out like I thought he'd be at his best straight away. Called you on that twist too. Now you're trying to save face. It's amusing.

I said "I expect" his mindset to be a certain way, never once said I knew what his mindset was, never once said I can read his mind and know for certain what his mind said was.

Very good manipulation of the argument Apex, trying to save face once again because you're unable to admit you're wrong. Amusing.

Ok the truth is....

IMG_1045.JPG

Not that I condone violence

I said "I expect" his mindset to be a certain way, never once said I knew what his mindset was, never once said I can read his mind and know for certain what his mind said was.

Very good manipulation of the argument Apex, trying to save face once again because you're unable to admit you're wrong. Amusing.
I'm not wrong. Saying it over and over again won't change that, but I'm sure you'll try so you can get the last word in. You always do.

Edit: what do you know, I was right.

Last edited:
I'm not wrong. Saying it over and over again won't change that, but I'm sure you'll try so you can get the last word in. You always do.

Says the literal king of trying to get last words in.

Bet you'll desperately try get the last now word eh?

We'll see who's right about Schaz when the season starts, that's the end of it really.

But what would your true love say? :p
View attachment 334090

Ok the truth is....

View attachment 334091

Not that I condone violence

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back