Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't get the part about him not being physical.

His positioning today was very good........if he can read the play its half the battle IMO.

Bucks made no moves.
He's smart and clean not physical. I'm not saying he's soft though.
Unfortunately for Schaz Danger reads the play very well so Schaz doesn't get and advantage there plus it's a relatively unfamiliar position for him. Coupled with his speed and power Schaz would have no chance. Would barely be able to keep up with him in space and would be outstrengthed in the contest. Nothing to be ashamed Danger is best player in comp.
Bucks made no moves yes, but the one your suggesting makes no sense.

Very good game from Shaz today.
^

Highlighted post

As theyed say in the Castle, "that's going straight to the pool room. "

He's smart and clean not physical. I'm not saying he's soft though.
Unfortunately for Schaz Danger reads the play very well so Schaz doesn't get and advantage there plus it's a relatively unfamiliar position for him. Coupled with his speed and power Schaz would have no chance. Would barely be able to keep up with him in space and would be outstrengthed in the contest. Nothing to be ashamed Danger is best player in comp.
Bucks made no moves yes, but the one your suggesting makes no sense.

I obviously rate the bloke.........I would have backed him in.

That goal by Danger was the difference in the end IMO.

Back on topic he really played with confidence today Scharenberg..............it was good to see.

One kick he went for which was the most dangerous option got me very excited.

I obviously rate the bloke.........I would have backed him in.

That goal by Danger was the difference in the end IMO.

Back on topic he really played with confidence today Scharenberg..............it was good to see.

One kick he went for which was the most dangerous option got me very excited.
There's no way Schaz would have stopped that goal. I thought he played good as well, it was better to leave him to continue to play well rather than give him an unfamiliar role in the best player in the comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Owe an apology to this kid... Played a ripper today. Now I can see the potential!

Wait till you see him play a game like "that" VFL final.

It's coming people just be patient.

And turned it over under no pressure.

Besides the Daicos pass he never turned it over.

Honest question Goldy did you go to the game today?

Played a good game, want to see more dare with the disposal though, incredibly safe with the ball in hand, wouldn't strike fear into opposing defenders with his crabbing.

Thought the opposite to be honest. Where blokes like Smith are more than happy to kick it backwards every flippin' time (don't get me started), Shaz, to me, looked to try and split the defense open a few times and I remember thinking to myself how good his foot skills really are.

Thought the opposite to be honest. Where blokes like Smith are more than happy to kick it backwards every flippin' time (don't get me started), Shaz, to me, looked to try and split the defense open a few times and I remember thinking to myself how good his foot skills really are.

Felt his metres gained would have been tiny. Would be interesting to know what it was.

Felt his metres gained would have been tiny. Would be interesting to know what it was.

Instead of worrying about metres gained why don't you discuss how many goals "each" defender copped on their opponent?

Nice use of quotation, no arguing with your intelligence. Scharenberg would have had a few kicked on him today I would have thought.

No he didn't and you know that.........not arguing with your intelligence but deflection is the best form of defence.

Pendles gave crap to metres gained in his podcast. Said it's a meaningless stat... If you get metres forward, turn it over with a bad kick and it goes back over your head for a goal...you still get metres gained.

Its ok TP777 our friend FAIRBALANCED has obviously compared Langdon's meters gained to Scharenberg's.

Its ok TP777 our friend FAIRBALANCED has obviously compared Langdon's meters gained to Scharenberg's.
I don't why though, I can't imagine Langdon's being much higher than Scharenberg's if at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back