Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Neither is
Beau Dowler 05
Mitch Thorp 06
David Myers 07
Chris Yarren 08
Gary Rohan 09
Reece Conca 10
Caleb Marchbank 14
Aaron Francis 15

Pick 6 in the draft isn't guarantee star
And previous drafts,
But after 2 ACLs he deserves every opportunity to prove himself

Been worse then Shaz taken at 6

For some reason both Shaz and Aish seem to really be playing with a lot more intent. Is it a confidence thing or did the club do something differently in the pre-season?
Gary Hocking has a lot to do with Aish, my money is on him being a big reason. Shaz purely confidence back in his body. Always had intent, just needed time.

Gary Hocking has a lot to do with Aish, my money is on him being a big reason. Shaz purely confidence back in his body. Always had intent, just needed time.

True as we saw on some of the Articles and Grind that Aish has spent lot of time with Hocking

well thats great to hear. Was Gary Hocking brought in post club review?
He was the last senior assistant coach to be appointed. I’m not sure when the review finished, but I thought it was part of the review for Bucks to have more senior assistants around him, so he could well of been.

He was the last senior assistant coach to be appointed. I’m not sure when the review finished, but I thought it was part of the review for Bucks to have more senior assistants around him, so he could well of been.
well it seems to be working which is a positive

Shaz is really starting to find his feet in my opinion.

I think that if he can get a clean run between now and 2019, with a good strong pre-season, 2019 is the year he shows why we picked him with 6.
I don’t rate him. Not sure what you are seeing him in. Lacks pace, kicking is meant to be his strength and he misses targets like any other player and his marking against stronger opponents isn’t great.

I don’t rate him. Not sure what you are seeing him in. Lacks pace, kicking is meant to be his strength and he misses targets like any other player and his marking against stronger opponents isn’t great.

I mean, all I said was that he seems to be finding his feet.

Didn't say he's dominating the comp. I'm saying, now that he's over his 2 knee reconstructions, if he can get a a consistent clean run at it, we may finally see why we picked him with pick 6.

If it turns out that what we currently see is all we're ever going to get? Then yeah, we definitely wasted pick 6.

Not every defender can make the monster forwards of the competition tremble in the same way as your Henry Schade. You can't expect poor Matty Scharenberg to fill such imposing boots. Shaz is going okay, surely, in his own lowly way.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/2018-04-09/top-5-round-three

The Number 2 in the top 5 is a another small snippet of Matthew's footy smarts.

I watched the game again yesterday and unfortunately the highlight above does not give justice to Matthews first handball in that goal.
It was a ripper.

He has been solid the last two weeks. :thumbsu:

Last edited:
Not every defender can make the monster forwards of the competition tremble in the same way as your Henry Schade. You can't expect poor Matty Scharenberg to fill such imposing boots. Shaz is going okay, surely, in his own lowly way.

cold.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was a sceptic, but he has started playing proper footy. If he continues to try to play with intent, his positive attributes should see him be able to more than compensate for his athleticism.

that’s me sold

Last edited:
It’s good to have a player with a brain in the side. There is too much focus on picking athletes and grunt types...brains trump everything. After all It is why we are at the top of the food chain
I say this during every Collingwood game I watch.

So were you were being sardonic when you rated Schade so highly then?

Engaged 'unignore' just for laughs....

This was a big step up for Shaz. You didn’t feel worried if he was in the contest. He just did his job every time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back