Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Great suggestion from Scodog10 to close the old thread at 222 pages long

Shaz is ready for his new life as a fit and firing Magpie, so we are ready for a new thread

Go Go Shaz

Saintly Viewed will be impressed no end I am sure.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
I went to training a few weeks ago and he was one I was keen to see but had the session off.

Will be one of the ones to watch tomorrow night in the intraclub. Its Shaz, Hoskin-Elliott, Aish, Smith, Wills, Phillips etc who will be keen to make a bit of a mark in the intraclub and get a spot for the 1st practice match

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
My new avator is supposed to represent the Collingwood storm fast approaching ...dark mysterious and threatening
Let us hope

My new avator is supposed to represent the Collingwood storm fast approaching ...dark mysterious and threatening

Dark mysterious and threatening for others I take it

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood

Is that a picture of Coogee Beach?

Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope he gets a fair run at it now, cant wait to see what he can do.

I would imagine after doing an ACL injury to both knees would lessen the chance of it happening again compared to if it just happened on the 1 knee as you wouldnt be favouring a particular side, if you get what i mean..

JOELY

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 9, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hope he gets a fair run at it now, cant wait to see what he can do.

I would imagine after doing an ACL injury to both knees would lessen the chance of it happening again compared to if it just happened on the 1 knee as you wouldnt be favouring a particular side, if you get what i mean..

Perhaps that's true, I think it would have been worse if the repaired knee failed, but I'm still nervous for him. The two knees were done in pretty innocuous fashion, particularly the second, so it's going to take a while for me to be calm about it.

Mine is "Happy little clouds" painter Bob Ross posing as Ash from Evil Dead. It represents Collingwood's ability to create something beautiful then horribly butcher it at the first opportunity. Symbolism is groovy.

Will have a slow start to the season if his last reco is anything to go by.

Need to be patient
His last reco isn't anything to go by though. He missed the entire preseason and started in the VFL late after his first reconstruction.
He's been in full training since August in this case. He should be tons fitter and have a lot more match sim/practice under his belt this time around.

Kappa

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 7, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
His last reco isn't anything to go by though. He missed the entire preseason and started in the VFL late after his first reconstruction.
He's been in full training since August in this case. He should be tons fitter and have a lot more match sim/practice under his belt this time around.

It took him quite a while to mentally get into the game, regardless of fitness. He was timid, slow and uncompetitive in many contests even at the start of games (his first few VFL games back). Mentally I would expect he'll need a few months of games before he gets the confidence in his body to perform at his best, I don't know whether coming back from a 2nd reco is harder or easier mentally... he'll have the experience but now he has both knees in the back of his mind.

Back