Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Love it.

Such a good guy, great poise.

Strong willed.

Love Darcy’s interaction. He is so into everything these days. Future captain?

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Love it.

Such a good guy, great poise.

Strong willed.

Love Darcy’s interaction. He is so into everything these days. Future captain?

Sir Jinxalot go easy I warned you earlier today......R.I.P Darcy :drunk:

Sep 19, 2011
Zeta Reticuli
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Victory
My mate was chatting to him a few weeks ago and reckons Matty thinks this feels different this time, meaning much better recovery and allowing him to stretch out more. Time will tell I guess. Love the bloke so hope he makes it. Still has 10 good years ahead of him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
Absolutely made my day hearing Shaz is back this week. Really hope he gets some continuity in his career, and he gets a good block of VFL footy under his belt, then get him back into the seniors approaching finals. What a player to be able to bring into the team. Well done Shaz...:thumbsu:

How ******* good is this. For those who didn't or can't listen to that video:

Not only getting back a good player and bloke, but a better athlete than ever; PB squats, PB repeat sprints, PB 2km.
Now I will have two of my favourites playing, have to try and get a picture of both for my avatar. (move over Jamie;))

All and any photos would be appreciated.

swoop42

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
The 18
AFL Club
Collingwood
Pleasantly surprised to hear his running capacity has improved despite a third knee reconstruction.

That's a big plus as he could ill afford the opposite to occur as an undersized key position player / 3rd tall defender.

I'm still going in with the mindset that every senior game we get from here is a bonus so will limit my expectations.

All the best Shaz and welcome back.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
'Better athlete than ever': Hard-luck Pie returning in great shape

LUCKLESS Collingwood defender Matt Scharenberg will return from his third ACL reconstruction in career-best shape in the VFL on Sunday.

After posting personal best sprint and 2km time trial times in his latest recovery, the 23-year-old will play his first match since July last season against Port Melbourne.

The news was met with rapturous applause from teammates before training on Thursday.

"Not only are the boys getting back a good person and a good footballer, they're getting back a better athlete than they've ever had before," Collingwood rehab co-ordinator Ben Shipperd told the group.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-05...an-ever-hardluck-pie-returning-in-great-shape

Late july is round 17/21 in the VFL, so he'll probably only get to play the last month of the season, unless we go deep into finals and he can get a few more games.
Great to see him back early.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Class is forever.

So much poise.

So hope he gets a wonderful shot at it. Injury free.

Back