Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Pie thon

Senior List
Oct 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Good form in the VFL coming back, now if he strings through a few full games and maintains the 20+ touches he will be putting a lot of pressure on Greenwoods spot in defence

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
He is going to find it hard to get in the Backline at AFL Level with how good they been
Once he gets full fitness and shows he’s ready, they’ll make room for him.
He’s that good if healthy.

He’s got that class and poise you can’t teach.
Closest player we have to James Clement, in my view.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Once he gets full fitness and shows he’s ready, they’ll make room for him.
He’s that good if healthy.

He’s got that class and poise you can’t teach.
Closest player we have to James Clement, in my view.
Can't disagree with any of that. What he showed last year will hold him in very good stead, just get a month of VFL under the belt then good to go

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
The real great news is, the backs have done so well, that it will really tough on who misses out.

Fantastic, real contests for spots.

Players will need versatility.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
They may play different positions but Matty is coming back into that side like it or not so someone gets booted. Aish along with a few others would be among the candidates to make way, you know, if we ever got even close to full strength one day

Jelly Bean

Premiership Player
Dec 12, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
I agree defensively Aish has been good this year. I also like his attack on ground balls and his handballing. Deceptively good overhead too. I don't like to dismiss the turn overs in assessing his early season form though. They were poor and had me
really concerned he was getting flustered by foot when pressured. That is big because you cant have players turn to water in finals. I still have that concern. Very happy with his game against Melbourne and now hope he can continue that form on.

Nailed it.

He goes to water when he has possession and needs to get rid of it by foot. He ends up just banging it on his boot, and most of the time when you do that from deep in defence, it lands uncontested in the arms of the opposition. He is strong in the air, and okay at ground level, but just turns it over too much when he has to kick it, and in finals that will cost us goals.

Nailed it.

He goes to water when he has possession and needs to get rid of it by foot. He ends up just banging it on his boot, and most of the time when you do that from deep in defence, it lands uncontested in the arms of the opposition. He is strong in the air, and okay at ground level, but just turns it over too much when he has to kick it, and in finals that will cost us goals.

Then I could say you could Drop Half the Team IF that was you Bases of Dropping Players.

Aish just can't make some people happy

PIEWITHSAUCE

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I haven't seen him play since his return but the stats suggest he has had far less trouble getting his confidence back this time around :)

Does he have the fitness for an AFL game yet?
He’s recently posted PB’s in the 2k and his sprints, and doesn’t seem to be having any issues running out games in the VFL. Been back nearly a month now. I don’t think his fitness should be an issue.

Back