Player Watch Matthew Scharenberg (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

It's just confidence. He'll hit more effective kicks and use a bit more acceleration the more that he plays and feels confidence in his body. The guy has had 3 knee recos, so it's hard to expect him to be super confident in his body to play in that manner.

For now, he has a handy knack of getting his fist to the ball, barely ever turns the ball over and is a pretty decent intercept marker. Very happy with how he is progressing right now. I think he'll be even better with Moore in the side.

It's just confidence. He'll hit more effective kicks and use a bit more acceleration the more that he plays and feels confidence in his body. The guy has had 3 knee recos, so it's hard to expect him to be super confident in his body to play in that manner.

For now, he has a handy knack of getting his fist to the ball, barely ever turns the ball over and is a pretty decent intercept marker. Very happy with how he is progressing right now. I think he'll be even better with Moore in the side.
He’s a beauty.

You’re spot on.

Made maybe two mistakes and if really picky another half mistake.

But his judgment and execution is top shelf.

Very proud of what he’s doing.

(Somebody made a real boo boo v GWS in his non selection. Yikes :straining::eek:)

He did the same after his last knee operation. He came back tentative and took a while to settle in. I know there will be people who wanted to trade him out after his first game back... probably the same people crowing about not getting tom lynch..... but it wont be until next season that we can make a judgement on him. Having said that, I am still a little perplexed that a bloke like scharenberg could have gone that high in the draft.

9 disposals. 1 Behind.

Yes, all over him. Hahaha

Restricted to 1 of those disposals inside their F50, and that was in the last quarter. To be fair, I think Tex is playing at well less than 100%.

He’s a beauty.

You’re spot on.

Made maybe two mistakes and if really picky another half mistake.

But his judgment and execution is top shelf.

Very proud of what he’s doing.

(Somebody made a real boo boo v GWS in his non selection. Yikes :straining::eek:)

Would've made zero difference. It was the midfield where we lost that game. If excluding him meant he was going to be better prepared come finals then it was actually genius to exclude him.

Tom Brown just said on on the couch that Shaz could be on the trade table upsetting Saintly Viewed ?

As I said in the trade and draft thread- I find it hard to believe who would be giving Shaz a multi year deal on decent coin going off his history.

Not to mention he already has a contract in place for 2020 with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

:pensive:So SV can go

relax

Would be sad to lose Shazz. Reality is Greenwood will be missing next year, Langdon is an unknown but if has chronic knee issues he is a bit of an risk. So leaves alternatives as Appleby and the one we all hope comes good in Murphy. The core of the defence will in the short term be Roughhead, Moore, Howe, Crisp, Maynard Aish Noble, Appleby and Murphy. Just don’t rate Madgen

Did I miss anyone.

Would be sad to lose Shazz. Reality is Greenwood will be missing next year, Langdon is an unknown but if has chronic knee issues he is a bit of an risk. So leaves alternatives as Appleby and the one we all hope comes good in Murphy. The core of the defence will in the short term be Roughhead, Moore, Howe, Crisp, Maynard Aish Noble, Appleby and Murphy. Just don’t rate Madgen

Did I miss anyone.
Quaynor and Murray

Plus he seems to have written Langdon and Greenwood off for the season. A bit early for that...

And totally overlooked Kelly and Keane. Kelly has been played predominantly forward this year but was recruited as a potential CHB. Keane has made enormous advancements this year. Looking forward to see what 2020 brings for both of them.

I’d like to keep Shaz for another year and hope he gets a run at it. However I’m in the camp that I think it’s an unfortunate example of an extremely talented and hard working boy who’s body has let him down.

I wouldn’t be opposed to a trade, reality is he has struggled to keep a spot this year and next year it’s going to be even harder.

Fingers crossed either way for him, he seems like a really good lad who has unfortunately drawn a very short straw. Hopefully he gets a flag this year for his troubles!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back