Current Matthew Tilley charged for 1993 murder of Suzanne Poll

Remove this Banner Ad

Matthew Tilley has been granted the right to appeal his conviction, and is questioning the integrity of the DNA evidence.

will this ever end for the Poll family?

in my mind I am suspicious of Daniel Tilley. if you look at the original photofit pictures, there seems to be two distinctly different people.

perhaps Daniel Tilley is more involved in this case than just being the original DNA link.

was it in fact Daniel who had the knife, and Matthew was cut trying to stop his brother murdering Ms Poll?

Daniel certainly seems to have 'anger issues' to say the least.

this might also explain why Matthew Tilley is so adamant in protesting his innocence

and claims that he suffers from PTSD.

I wonder a bit about this one.

The age is the first thing that jumped out at me. I'm not saying that 19/20 year olds can't do heinous things, but this was a vicious and crazed crime. MT was not only young; AFAIK he has no history of violent offences before or after. Drugs, maybe, but this is something I'd associate with ice and it wasn't around then.

If MT is innocent and knows who did it then he needs to speak up. Unless his life is in danger (which his lawyers could almost certainly deal with), it's his choice if he doesn't speak. I find it hard to believe he doesn't know given his DNA was at the crime scene, but maybe it is something to do with investigative techniques back then.

I'll be interested in the challenge to the DNA evidence as I think this is a fascinating area. The development of familial DNA testing provides a lot of new scope for people to be linked to crimes, but there will inevitably be issues with it, especially given that a lot of the evidence being checked is old.

If MT is innocent and knows who did it then he needs to speak up. Unless his life is in danger (which his lawyers could almost certainly deal with), it's his choice if he doesn't speak.
I'm intrigued with this one.

If his life is in danger, how could his lawyers help that situation?

The DNA found was from blood found at the scene

Now whether it could be determined fresh - I assume coagulation determined that - makes it hard for him to argue anything else

The supposition is he stabbed Suzanne then she grabbed the knife or it got stuck and he cut himself trying to pull it back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back