Matthew Wade - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

Thankfully selectors don't drop players for worse one's. Like West Aussies or Nevill.

P.S. suck it up princess. I don't rate the s**t from out west.
You don't have to rate them, but it shows a clear lack of understanding of cricket. There's a reason selectors keep looking to guys like NCN, Berhendorff, Paris, Cartwright, the Marshes; they are all talented players.

I don't think Nevill did his talents with either the bat or gloves justice at Test level, but he'd have to be a better bet than Wade right now.

Ideally Whiteman gets fit and has a big season (likely next season *sad face*) because I think he's the most likely of the underlings.

You don't have to rate them, but it shows a clear lack of understanding of cricket. There's a reason selectors keep looking to guys like NCN, Berhendorff, Paris, Cartwright, the Marshes; they are all talented players.
At state level.

What has happened to our wicket keeping stocks?
Gilchrist retired, then was replaced by a very good player in Haddin, who has obviously gone too.

Tim Paine has turned into one of the biggest disappointments in Australian cricket history. Sure, finger problem didn't help, but the bloke will possibly finish a 89 game (and counting) strong FC career with 1 hundred to his name. Should have been a long term Test cricketer. Had all the talent with the bat/gloves.

What has happened to our wicket keeping stocks?
Wade appears utterly hopeless against spin thats for sure, has lost all confidence in his batting and if he is not a sitting duck already he will be with another failure in the 2nd innings. Cannot afford to be carrying your wicket keeper's batting. Averaging under 30 which is way below acceptable.

Gilchrist retired, then was replaced by a very good player in Haddin, who has obviously gone too.

Tim Paine has turned into one of the biggest disappointments in Australian cricket history. Sure, finger problem didn't help, but the bloke will possibly finish a 89 game (and counting) strong FC career with 1 hundred to his name. Should have been a long term Test cricketer. Had all the talent with the bat/gloves.
Whiteman appears the best prospect, is the right age and just needs good consistent runs at FC level. We are crying out for a solid number 7 it is a savere weakness which england will exploit during the ashes. We may have to consider handscomb take the gloves and we add another batsmen into the lineup.

Whiteman appears the best prospect, is the right age and just needs good consistent runs at FC level. We are crying out for a solid number 7 it is a savere weakness which england will exploit during the ashes. We may have to consider handscomb take the gloves and we add another batsmen into the lineup.
Ashes will be very interesting. We have a weakness at 7 and have an order prone to collapses. They have issues with their top order too.

Two flawed teams going at it will make for a fun series I reckon.

I don't think Nevill did his talents with either the bat or gloves justice at Test level, but he'd have to be a better bet than Wade right now.

Ideally Whiteman gets fit and has a big season (likely next season *sad face*) because I think he's the most likely of the underlings.

I reckon McDermott is primed to have a break out year with the bat this season. What Tassie do with the keeper though who knows.

I reckon McDermott is primed to have a break out year with the bat this season. What Tassie do with the keeper though who knows.

Crazy that the bloke may not even touch the gloves all season with the keeping stocks in Tasmania. McDermott is a talented young keeper/batsman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I absolutely gave up on Nevill, have just about given up on Wade.

Terrible stocks seemingly but what do you do.

I would have expected the likes of Gilchrist, Healy and Haddin to attract a younger crop of Wicket Keepers. Looks like that hasn't really happened.

I would have expected the likes of Gilchrist, Healy and Haddin to attract a younger crop of Wicket Keepers. Looks like that hasn't really happened.

Anyone who classes Haddin in the same league as the other two here has negative cricket knowledge.

Zoehrer-_Tim-book-cover.jpg

>>>
Haddin
>>>
Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back