Matthew Wade - how long?

Remove this Banner Ad

And Jason Gillespie has a test 200 - so what
you said his batting had been exposed at test level, I said he made a 60 two tests ago (at the WACA, against Philander), you say "Gillespie has a test 200".

:rolleyes:

The "so what" is he's clearly capable of making runs at test level against one of the best bowlers in the world. I'd have thought that pretty obvious.

But you know, Wade made 4 runs in the last test, before Starc came out and made a 50. lol.

People who think Wade is a significantly better bat that Nevill are wrong. Sure, he's made two test 100s, but they were against WI and SL.

One thing ive noticed from his ODI performances is he is back to batting how he was when he first arrived on the international scene. He is a pretty good hitter of boundaries and admittedly was coming in at the right time to smack the ball around but doing it well. For a while there he changed his game to singles and bunting the ball around and that isn't his game. Needs to keep up the quick fire cameos in ODIs

you said his batting had been exposed at test level, I said he made a 60 two tests ago (at the WACA, against Philander), you say "Gillespie has a test 200".

:rolleyes:

The "so what" is he's clearly capable of making runs at test level against one of the best bowlers in the world. I'd have thought that pretty obvious.

But you know, Wade made 4 runs in the last test, before Starc came out and made a 50. lol.

People who think Wade is a significantly better bat that Nevill are wrong. Sure, he's made two test 100s, but they were against WI and SL.

It was a sample size comment - something you have proven not to understand.

How did Pete the Incomplete go against Sri Lanka if its so easy to score runs against them?

One thing ive noticed from his ODI performances is he is back to batting how he was when he first arrived on the international scene. He is a pretty good hitter of boundaries and admittedly was coming in at the right time to smack the ball around but doing it well. For a while there he changed his game to singles and bunting the ball around and that isn't his game. Needs to keep up the quick fire cameos in ODIs

Tbh I think the opposite. If he is going to establish himself as a Test no 7 (or even 6 if we go back to the allrounder), it would be good to see him get a chance for an extended, patient innings.

With the series wrapped up, I am thinking some of the Test players might get a rest, so Wade made get a chance to open (as he's done in the past) in the final ODI.

Tbh I think the opposite. If he is going to establish himself as a Test no 7 (or even 6 if we go back to the allrounder), it would be good to see him get a chance for an extended, patient innings.

With the series wrapped up, I am thinking some of the Test players might get a rest, so Wade made get a chance to open (as he's done in the past) in the final ODI.

Agreed. Smith & Warner should get a rest for sure.
Not sure about Starc and Hazlewood as they were rested between the second and third test matches.

I'd hope not. Might as well open with Maxwell.

Why Wade?

He's doing well where he is in the batting order and if we're going to try out a new opener it should be Khawaja or Head

Because he's opened in ODIs before, and regularly opens in domestic one-dayers and T20s as well. It's not some unprecedented idea people are trying to put across.

That being said, I'm happy to keep him at #7 for now.
Yeah the guy with an average of 25 after 82 games should get promoted to the top of the order :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keeps better, bats better, actually talks, team player, hits boundary's, can bat anywhere from 1-7, that's all.
well i would say that nevill keeps better, batting is about the same, who cares if you talk or not, Nevill is also a team player and is apparently one of the most popular guys in the team, Nevill manouevers the ball well which Wade cant, and who cares how many positions you can bat. How about learning to bat the one you started with first??

I am just trying to work out why they replaced Nevill with Wade. I can't see where Wade has added to anything Nevill was doing.
absolutely agree. Maybe he adds power hitting for the ODIs which is handy, but no way should Wade be the Test keeper

well i would say that nevill keeps better, batting is about the same, who cares if you talk or not, Nevill is also a team player and is apparently one of the most popular guys in the team, Nevill manouevers the ball well which Wade cant, and who cares how many positions you can bat. How about learning to bat the one you started with first??
1/ Talking on the field, if you've ever played, is very important. 2/ Being popular's good, but performing's better. 3/ Batting in differerent positions equals versatility. 4/ Nevill looks like a nice bloke, they always come second those nice blokes. 5/ Wades a better keeper.

Apart from Cummins and Hazelwood, Mathew Wade had the worst career strike rate in the entire side yesterday..
Yep, we get it over here Mark, you hate Wade, we hate Marsh. Boring really. You never say who's the better keeping option though. (Pls don't say Whiteman).

I am just trying to work out why they replaced Nevill with Wade. I can't see where Wade has added to anything Nevill was doing.

He has had 1 innings...

But the fact that Nevill averages 22 and Wade averaged 35 or so when he was in the side shows he is clearly the better batsman by 50%

I guess they finally grew tired of Nevill doing nothing and Wade was the next best option

He has had 1 innings...

But the fact that Nevill averages 22 and Wade averaged 35 or so when he was in the side shows he is clearly the better batsman by 50%

I guess they finally grew tired of Nevill doing nothing and Wade was the next best option
That's right. Everyone keeps bagging Wade, but noone has a better option, and we all know it ain't Neville.

1/ Talking on the field, if you've ever played, is very important. 2/ Being popular's good, but performing's better. 3/ Batting in differerent positions equals versatility. 4/ Nevill looks like a nice bloke, they always come second those nice blokes. 5/ Wades a better keeper.
I certainly have played before and understand that talk on the field is important. What was meant when i said "who cares if you talk" probably should have been worded a little differently. I should have said it is more of a bonus, becuase you dont pick a bloke on how well he talks, you pick him on his cricketing ability. For your second point i see no evidence that Wade has been performing of late. for your 3rd point of course versatility is important but i would rather a guy who is better in one position than okay in five positions. And for your 5th point I wouldnt say that Wade is a better keeper. Nevill has him covered in that aspect in the game of cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back