Matthew Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty much. As long as the players have a beer afterwards, who cares how much chirp/sledging there is? As if Archer wasn't giving just as much back.

It all seemed fine to me. Wade is happy to take it when he bats as well. As long as they stay away from the personal stuff it's fine.

Wade certainly looked best of the rest after Labs and Smith. As mentioned didn't really have a weakness exposed, more a few dumb shots on his part, some good balls and also got unlucky being given a few times to umpires call. Also high energy and decent in the field. Should be getting the first few home tests.

When you consider we kept Voges on the back of a couple of 50s in 2015, Wade is probably one of the first selected this summer.

Even outside his hundreds he played in some crucial partnerships, occasionally getting unlucky so he was pretty good, I'd probably have him at 5 and Head at 6, given Head's knack of throwing it away after 40-50.

In 4 years time Wade should still be playing and to be able to take someone over to England who produced against good bowling is going to be a real asset. Before this series you take out Smith and no one else had scored a hundred over there. If he can be a solid contributer averaging around 40 at 5-6 at least until the end of the next away Ashes that would be a pretty handy stint.

Archer , Wade( capt ) Paine all play together at the Hobart Hurricanes
will spend xmas together :cool:

I wouldn't be shocked if Archer withdraws. England have a full year.

It all seemed fine to me. Wade is happy to take it when he bats as well. As long as they stay away from the personal stuff it's fine.

Wade certainly looked best of the rest after Labs and Smith. As mentioned didn't really have a weakness exposed, more a few dumb shots on his part, some good balls and also got unlucky being given a few times to umpires call. Also high energy and decent in the field. Should be getting the first few home tests.

He's bought him this home summer at least. He was a lot better than Head at least.

Pretty much. As long as the players have a beer afterwards, who cares how much chirp/sledging there is? As if Archer wasn't giving just as much back.
Spiteful nature lead to situation in South Africa were team crossed the line in more than one way. Team just shouldn't go there.

Spiteful nature lead to situation in South Africa were team crossed the line in more than one way. Team just shouldn't go there.

No poor leadership did both off (through the coach) and on (through the leadership group). Sledging is fine, we play better when we do. As long as it's not personal it's harmless fun.

No poor leadership did both off (through the coach) and on (through the leadership group). Sledging is fine, we play better when we do. As long as it's not personal it's harmless fun.
Aggressive, win at all costs approach is what lead to incident in South Africa.

Wade wasn't awarded a CA contract last year - does anyone know whether he earned any through game time playing T20s?

I'm stunned if Cricket Tas gave him a no objection certificate to * off the shield and go play t20 carnivals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wade wasn't awarded a CA contract last year - does anyone know whether he earned any through game time playing T20s?

I'm stunned if Cricket Tas gave him a no objection certificate to * off the shield and go play t20 carnivals.

I don't think CA have given him a contract.

tassie is obviously happy for him to play in overseas t20 ...he is getting on and is looking after his financial security which I can understand

No Objection Certificates are issued by the national body, whether the player is specifically contracted to them or not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back