Matthew Wade

Remove this Banner Ad

Well ok, his behaviour is questionable at times... disgrace is a bit strong.

Poor guy is just trying to make some runs..
I tend to think whatever we feel is moot mate. The selectors have long memories. I appreciate you like him. I'm not a fan of his but you post common sense so I respect that

I tend to think whatever we feel is moot mate. The selectors have long memories. I appreciate you like him. I'm not a fan of his but you post common sense so I respect that
I understand they do have long memories and as I said I was previously against his selection. It felt like the same old tired side we had been watching. But I have found it hard to ignore the runs and form he has shown compared to others.

Maybe if Carey fails in the upcoming ODI and Wade keeps plundering runs, opinions may change. Carey is obviously getting a chance to grab selection first so it's all up to him. I just think we should be selecting our best WC side and if it were being selected tomorrow, I cant see how Carey > Wade as it stands now. But.. its not being selected tomorrow and Carey has a chance to prove himself. Carey is certainly one for our future sides.

The test side is a different story. He'll never come back in as a keeper. Id love for him to make some big runs in the next few shield matches and put the pressure on Labuschagne and other questionable selections.

edit: and I dont 'like' him. His behaviour and antics have irked me in the past.

I understand they do have long memories and as I said I was previously against his selection. It felt like the same old tired side we had been watching. But I have found it hard to ignore the runs and form he has shown compared to others.

Maybe if Carey fails in the upcoming ODI and Wade keeps plundering runs, opinions may change. Carey is obviously getting a chance to grab selection first so it's all up to him. I just think we should be selecting our best WC side and if it were being selected tomorrow, I cant see how Carey > Wade as it stands now. But.. its not being selected tomorrow and Carey has a chance to prove himself. Carey is certainly one for our future sides.

The test side is a different story. He'll never come back in as a keeper. Id love for him to make some big runs in the next few shield matches and put the pressure on Labuschagne and other questionable selections.

edit: and I dont 'like' him. His behaviour and antics have irked me in the past.
I actually think you inadvertently hit the nail on the head. The very fact we are even discussing him is because there is such a lack of top class batters going round right now. This is basically scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to work out our best side....sigh.... pity Patrick 'god mode' Cummins doesn't have five younger brothers who play cricket

Wade's papers are stamped 'Never To Return"...He's not going to be selected even if he scored a double ton in the Shield or a century in the BBL finals! (Who knows the reasoning behind it?) I can only assume Carey is next in line and Aussie selectors have a history of stubbornness and it's already set in stone. Taking the "keeper" aspect out of it, he should be in the ODI team as a batsman. Wade's BBL 18/19 season should set him up for life anyway, he could travel the world for another three or four years playing T20 and make ten times the money. ( Good for him, It would take some major batting failures ( take a number, sit down and wait) for Wade to return in any International format, i reckon he's about 10th in line in the eys of selectors, IMO he should almost be the first player picked for the ODI World Cup and certainly considered foir Test selection... But as we all know our batting depth is second to none world wide and the selectors know best:rolleyes:

Wade's papers are stamped 'Never To Return"...He's not going to be selected even if he scored a double ton in the Shield or a century in the BBL finals! (Who knows the reasoning behind it?) I can only assume Carey is next in line and Aussie selectors have a history of stubbornness and it's already set in stone. Taking the "keeper" aspect out of it, he should be in the ODI team as a batsman. Wade's BBL 18/19 season should set him up for life anyway, he could travel the world for another three or four years playing T20 and make ten times the money. ( Good for him, It would take some major batting failures ( take a number, sit down and wait) for Wade to return in any International format, i reckon he's about 10th in line in the eys of selectors, IMO he should almost be the first player picked for the ODI World Cup and certainly considered foir Test selection... But as we all know our batting depth is second to none world wide and the selectors know best:rolleyes:
Like how they kept giving Wade chance after chance that he has ended up with 94 ODIs played for an average of 25? Ironically for all the heat Carey is under around here he still averages 2 more runs than him!

Like how they kept giving Wade chance after chance that he has ended up with 94 ODIs played for an average of 25? Ironically for all the heat Carey is under around here he still averages 2 more runs than him!

Does current form not matter anymore? He did bat at number 6,7 and 8 for the majority of those ODI games. Opening just 16 times! If there is no point in accumulating runs and improving your game then what is the point altogether? Wade might as well tell selectors to stick it up their proverbial and just play T20 around the world?

Last edited:
Does current form not matter anymore? He did bat at number 6,7 and 8 for the majority of those ODI games. Opening just 16 times! If there is no point in accumulating runs and improving your game then what is the point altogetherr? Wade might as well tell selectors to stick it up their proverbial and just play T20 around the world?

Wade averages mid 20’s opening and 16 games is PLENTY

I actually think you inadvertently hit the nail on the head. The very fact we are even discussing him is because there is such a lack of top class batters going round right now. This is basically scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to work out our best side....sigh.... pity Patrick 'god mode' Cummins doesn't have five younger brothers who play cricket
How are we scraping the bottom of the barrel? Seriously? Cricket in this country is at a low point right now, we’ve got to shake this arrogant approach that there is going to be a 2-3 guys that will just get it done for us, there isn’t.

Wade has clearly not made a great dent in his test or ODI career previously, but he continues to present his form on every format of the game. The bullshit that selectors give us is that the best way to get picked is to make runs. Just go and make runs. Well what has he done? Just that. So there’s no reason for him not to be playing in the upcoming ODI series.

No wonder Wade is confused and frustrated by this, and I couldn’t care less what people think of him. You come across heaps of people on life that you don’t like that you need to work with. This is pro sport, it’s about winning games and right now Wade is a player that deserves a chance to win them.

Who gives a * about the past though mate? We have a message from our selectors telling players that if they make runs they’ll be picked. If someone didn’t have faith in Langer after his failures he’d never have been the player he was. He should be getting behind Wade. Langer is already smacking of double standards, all this bullshit about ‘whoever is in form, we will pick’ yet they turn around a select Mitch Marsh?

*en spare me..... the worst thing you can do is play him in some Mickey Mouse ODI series prior to the World Cup to see how he goes. It’s the perfect opportunity for him to show an extension of his form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool, then explain the double standard set by Langer.

What double standard? He got his chance was bog ordinary as usual. All this stamping around for a player that just isn’t that good.

There is zero reason to pick a past failure that had many, many goes over Carey at least at the moment. None whatsoever.

As a pure batsman? Over who? We have gun and his bag of tricks down at 7 in Maxwell, there is no place for him with the likes of Handscomb in the middle performing.

Only chance for him is if Carey starts shelling catches everywhere, can't buy a run or gets injured then Wade should 100% be in line.

What double standard? He got his chance was bog ordinary as usual. All this stamping around for a player that just isn’t that good.
Absolute bullshit. Justin Langer said players in form and making runs would be picked. Wade is in form and making runs. That’s a double standard.

Absolute bullshit. Justin Langer said players in form and making runs would be picked. Wade is in form and making runs. That’s a double standard.

Keep running that line. Players will be considered if the incumbents aren’t doing their job. They are. Carey is on shocking form yet is still better than Wade.

There is zero reason to pick a past failure that had many, many goes over Carey at least at the moment. None whatsoever.

As a pure batsman? Over who? We have gun and his bag of tricks down at 7 in Maxwell, there is no place for him with the likes of Handscomb in the middle performing.

Only chance for him is if Carey starts shelling catches everywhere, can't buy a run or gets injured then Wade should 100% be in line.
Khawaja?

Keep running that line. Players will be considered if the incumbents aren’t doing their job. They are. Carey is on shocking form yet is still better than Wade.
Carey is in shocking form yet still better than Wade? Right..... keep a guy in the side who is in s**t form over a guy plundering runs in the second grades.

ODI team should be;

Finch
Short
Marsh
Handscomb
Maxwell
Wade
Stoinis
Cummins
Lyon
J Richardson
Coulter - Nile

Carey is so ******* overrated....

Carey has been useless and yet still has managed a higher ODI batting average than Wade from a massive sample. And he is better with the gloves.
Yet he is playing like s**t? So why not give Wade a go in ONE ODI to see how he goes!?! At a minimum he deserves one go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back