Prediction Matty Knights to coach Tigers

Remove this Banner Ad

Bartlett was a great coach.Just SMS him he'll tell ya.
Yep tiger great got the arse because he was a useless coach, totally agree, let's stick with Dimma Essendon great who is a useless coach

Bourke may have won a final as well so I don't see why we owe Hardwick anything

Bourke was part of the reason for the split of the club and the exodus that followed.

He was my fav player as a kid, but he was a s**t manager of men

Bourke was part of the reason for the split of the club and the exodus that followed.

Still got the arse after better numbers than the snake oil merchant we have now

Yep tiger great got the arse because he was a useless coach, totally agree, let's stick with Dimma Essendon great who is a useless coach
Not all greats make good coaches.Not just from our club either.Some even turn to drugs and still fail.

Still got the arse after better numbers than the snake oil merchant we have now

He should never have been hired in the first place

He was our Buck's.

We passed on sheeds because we were so convinced he was the man, but he couldn't relate or deal with players who were not sober choir boy types. Dumb decision, that lead to a cascade of dumb decisions after it.

Not all greats make good coaches.Not just from our club either.Some even turn to drugs and still fail.
Agree again , and tbh I wouldn't want knighter here because we will eat him alive , but we have given an Essendon player liberties we don't extend to our own all in the name of stability.

Far better coaches have been sacked than Hardwick yet he is Teflon coated

Mick Malthouse agrees with this.

Agree again , and tbh I wouldn't want knighter here because we will eat him alive , but we have given an Essendon player liberties we don't extend to our own all in the name of stability.

It's so obvious they're trying to save face... He'll have the side back under done at the start of next season, with some half arsed game plan that'll he change 4 rounds in. They'll be forced to sack him mid year and there goes another year for us.

Mick Malthouse agrees with this.

That whole period from 80 to 86 was just like a slow motion car wreck. s**t decision after s**t decision, everything reactionary and zero foresight

I hate the game but you seriously wonder "what if" we had given sheeds a gig when he wanted, and moved on Wilson earlier. Argh....

He should never have been hired in the first place

He was our Buck's.

We passed on sheeds because we were so convinced he was the man, but he couldn't relate or deal with players who were not sober choir boy types. Dumb decision, that lead to a cascade of dumb decisions after it.
We don't agree on many things , but on Bourke 100% .

That whole period from 80 to 86 was just like a slow motion car wreck. s**t decision after s**t decision, everything reactionary and zero foresight

I hate the game but you seriously wonder "what if" we had given sheeds a gig when he wanted, and moved on Wilson earlier. Argh....
Sheedy should have had the gig before he even thought about Essendon, in 80 he was the coach even though jewel was the figurehead, that's my memory I can be corrected if any of the other old timers remember it differently

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The past 3 coaches have/had been given ample time by our standards.lol.
Even if they sacked Dimma how much confidence would you have in the very same group to make the correct choice on his replacement?

Sheedy should have hit the gig before he even thought about Essendon, in 80 he was the coach even though jewel was the figurehead, that's my memory I can be corrected if any of the other old timers remember it differently

I think it was around 81 he was wanting to know where he stood, and we made it pretty clear he wasnt on our radar for the future.

guy who was proving his chops and showing great potential, yet we chose to go all in on the unproven club hero.....

The past 3 coaches have/had been given ample time by our standards.lol.
Even if they sacked Dimma how much confidence would you have in the very same group to make the correct choice on his replacement?
Not very much tbh

I think it was around 81 he was wanting to know where he stood, and we made it pretty clear he wasnt on our radar for the future.

guy who was proving his chops and showing great potential, yet we chose to go all in on the unproven club hero.....
Bojangles17 would probably remember that I'm pretty sure he was an assistant to Jewel in 80 and took most of the training

Sheedy should have hit the gig before he even thought about Essendon, in 80 he was the coach even though jewel was the figurehead, that's my memory I can be corrected if any of the other old timers remember it differently

Yeah Sheeds was assistant coach in 80. He pretty much got told Bourke would be senior coach when he retired so he went to Essendon. The rest is history.

It's so obvious they're trying to save face... He'll have the side back under done at the start of next season, with some half arsed game plan that'll he change 4 rounds in. They'll be forced to sack him mid year and there goes another year for us.
If they wanted to save face they'd sack him now,and each board member put their hands into their pockets to pay off his contract. These guys and girl are the dumbest bunch of Lawyers i've ever come across.

If they wanted to save face they'd sack him now,and each board member put their hands into their pockets to pay off his contract. These guys and girl are the dumbest bunch of Lawyers i've ever come across.

Show me a lawyer and I will show you a liar , that's what my old man used to say

your old man had a good point.
If it wasn't bad enough throwing 2 years at him, you'd reckon that all those great legal minds would have at least included an early termination clause in his contract.

If they haven't then they are dumber than I thought, should put their hands in their pockets and personally pay him out,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back