Draft Profile 2018 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks. Heard he has good skills from others? Do you think that’s what’s holding him back?
He can bullet passes but when it goes badly it goes really badly. Just needed an extra year in the VFL this year for me.

Corey Rich (181cm, 81kg, 21 y.o, Frankston Dolphins) is absolutely smashing down the door for recruiters with 6 goals in yesterdays round 2 VFL young guns series game.

18 goals in 7 games, sitting equal 2nd (1 goal behind first) and a decent skill set that could translate to the top level.

Corey Rich (181cm, 81kg, 21 y.o, Frankston Dolphins) is absolutely smashing down the door for recruiters with 6 goals in yesterdays round 2 VFL young guns series game.

18 goals in 7 games, sitting equal 2nd (1 goal behind first) and a decent skill set that could translate to the top level.
It is worth remembering that he hasn't had great service either. Frankston has not reached the 50 inside-50 mark in any game this year.

Another player to make good progress is Joshua Corbett (190cm, 90kg, 22 year-old, Werribee). 16 goals in 5 games with 8 marks a game.

Similar pathway to Fritsch and Stewart. He went from country football to VFL.

Generally gets his goals from leads and superior reading of the flight in pack marking situations. His hands are good and can kick accurately from outside 50. He gets most of his goals through set-shots and I would be more convinced if he found a few goals through second efforts and ground-level work.

What's his size like? Looks to be that medium sort of forward.

The best 20 from WA that I have noticed in 2018

1- Jye Bolton (CL)
2- Marlion Pickett (SF)
3- Haiden Schloithe (SF)
4- Cody Leggett (P)
5- Luke Meadows (WP)
6- William Reidy (SD)
=7- Jono Marsh (EF)
=7- Shane Nelson (WP)
8- Matthew Parker (SF)
9- Jacob Miller (S)
10- Josh DeLuca (S)
11- Oliver Eastland (CL)
12- Julian Ameduri (EP)
13- Sean Fletcher (EF)
14- Corey Byrne (P)
15- Taryce Stewart (SD)
16- Bailey Rogers (CL)
17- Blair Bell (PT)
18- Liam Tedesco (WP)
19- Matthew Palfrey (CL)
=20- Jesse Turner (SD)
=20- Tobe Watson (SD)

Edit - Added Jono Marsh & Tobe Watson

Last edited:

1- Jye Bolton (CL)
2- Marlion Pickett (SF)
3- Haiden Schloithe (SF)
4- Cody Leggett (P)
5- Luke Meadows (WP)
6- William Reidy (SD)
7- Shane Nelson (WP)
8- Matthew Parker (SF)
9- Jacob Miller (S)
10- Josh DeLuca (S)
11- Oliver Eastland (CL)
12- Julian Ameduri (EP)
13- Sean Fletcher (EF)
14- Corey Byrne (P)
15- Taryce Stewart (SD)
16- Bailey Rogers (CL)
17- Blair Bell (PT)
18- Liam Tedesco (WP)
19- Matthew Palfrey (CL)
20- Jesse Turner (SD)

How has Jonathan Marsh been going?

How has Jonathan Marsh been going?

Marsh has been outstanding. Another player who could impact AFL immediately but I wonder if clubs are brave enough to take a chance on delisted players - thus only 3 (Bolton, DeLuca, Schloithe) on the list. But yeah, I should have included him. All of these guys would play AFL seniors in 2019 if given a chance

1- Jye Bolton (CL)
2- Marlion Pickett (SF)
3- Haiden Schloithe (SF)
4- Cody Leggett (P)
5- Luke Meadows (WP)
6- William Reidy (SD)
7- Shane Nelson (WP)
8- Matthew Parker (SF)
9- Jacob Miller (S)
10- Josh DeLuca (S)
11- Oliver Eastland (CL)
12- Julian Ameduri (EP)
13- Sean Fletcher (EF)
14- Corey Byrne (P)
15- Taryce Stewart (SD)
16- Bailey Rogers (CL)
17- Blair Bell (PT)
18- Liam Tedesco (WP)
19- Matthew Palfrey (CL)
20- Jesse Turner (SD)
Out of this list
1) 5
2)8
3) 15
Other I passed .

1- Jye Bolton (CL)
2- Marlion Pickett (SF)
3- Haiden Schloithe (SF)
4- Cody Leggett (P)
5- Luke Meadows (WP)
6- William Reidy (SD)
7- Shane Nelson (WP)
8- Matthew Parker (SF)
9- Jacob Miller (S)
10- Josh DeLuca (S)
11- Oliver Eastland (CL)
12- Julian Ameduri (EP)
13- Sean Fletcher (EF)
14- Corey Byrne (P)
15- Taryce Stewart (SD)
16- Bailey Rogers (CL)
17- Blair Bell (PT)
18- Liam Tedesco (WP)
19- Matthew Palfrey (CL)
20- Jesse Turner (SD)
Are any of these are Ruckman??? As Geelong were looking for one lol

You got any info on him???

From my source in WA

"decent enough state league ruckmen, wins hitouts through sheer determination despite being undersized which will count against him going to the next level. Good at accumulating around the ground but needs to impact the game more through marks &/or goals"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From my source in WA

"decent enough state league ruckmen, wins hitouts through sheer determination despite being undersized which will count against him going to the next level. Good at accumulating around the ground but needs to impact the game more through marks &/or goals"
Thanks mate..

Nice list Futbolista

For the masses, am speaking to and catching up on a few televised games and looking to put together a top 10 state league players around the country. Genuine draft chances, NOT guys too good for there current state league (Ben Jolley in the VFL is 32 fwiw)

I wonder if Liam Nash might get a look in. Like what I've seen at times from him, might be worth a crack. The past two years, Footscray has had a player drafted, so the clubs certainly attracts interest from recruiters it seems.

How likely do you think it is that he'll be picked up this year?

I think his former South team mate Tim Kelly has opened the door for him.

Pickett has the silk and magic that we love about Indigenous fellas but throw in the fact that he is great inside as well as out and got 36, 24 and 30 disposals in his last three games once moving into the middle and he becomes impossible to ignore. 26 years of age, so can give 5 years or so of outstanding service to an AFL club.

I think his former South team mate Tim Kelly has opened the door for him.

Pickett has the silk and magic that we love about Indigenous fellas but throw in the fact that he is great inside as well as out and got 36, 24 and 30 disposals in his last three games once moving into the middle and he becomes impossible to ignore. 26 years of age, so can give 5 years or so of outstanding service to an AFL club.

Did he get a gig the recent State game?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back