Draft Profile 2018 Mature Aged Prospects

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you happen to see it in the West today mate ?

No I only check the west online. It doesn't seem to be on their website. I did see an article about Corey Gault being an AFL draft chance. I best include him also.

A few others who are pressing include Corey Chalmers (WP), Dylan Winton (EF), Michael Sinclair (P), Jesse Wynne (EF), Stan Wright (EP), Dylan Main (SF), Jacob Dragovich (SF), Cody Ninyette (P).

No I only check the west online. It doesn't seem to be on their website. I did see an article about Corey Gault being an AFL draft chance. I best include him also.

A few others who are pressing include Corey Chalmers (WP), Dylan Winton (EF), Michael Sinclair (P), Jesse Wynne (EF), Stan Wright (EP), Dylan Main (SF), Jacob Dragovich (SF), Cody Ninyette (P).
BRANDON DONALDSON (South Fremantle)?

http://www.wafootball.com.au/news/14803/tabtouch-team-of-wa-day-round-9

Did you happen to see it in the West today mate ?
Tyler Keitel kicks six goals as West Perth defeat East Perth at Arena Joondalup
John TownsendThe West Australian
Monday, 4 June 2018 7:09PMJohn Townsend
1528103441491_G661LGSRS.1-1.jpg

West Perth forward Tyler Keitel starred against the Royals with six majors.Picture: The Sunday Times
Key forward Tyler Keitel dominated in the air and was deadly on the ground as West Perth stung archrivals East Perth in a victory that has virtually ensured the Falcons qualify for finals this season.

Keitel was too much of a handful for two Allens – West Coast players Oscar and Matthew – as he kicked six goals in the 24-point point win over his former team at Arena Joondalup today.

And the WA Day derby success helped coach Bill Monaghan celebrate his 200th West Perth match in ideal fashion.

“I am a West Person now,” Monaghan declared after the 13.15 (93) to 10.9 (69) win.

“To reach 200 in a derby is significant but the players should be the ones who are most proud.

“We probably had a bit more control than the final scoreboard showed but the twos had a great win coming from behind and it was a fantastic day for the club.

“Our reward now is a five-day break before a trip to Mandurah to play Peel.”

Keitel landed three set shots from long range but was even more effective at ground level with three accurate snaps that rewarded West Perth once they got on top in the middle.

The mobile 196cm forward Keitel missed another four shots, including a free from a ferocious tackle that left Matthew Allen rattled, but proved impossible to contain.

West Perth took charge of the match midway through the third term when they were finally able to play at their own tempo.

The Falcons were content to chip the ball around their defensive 50m zone for several minutes at a time before they got a chance to advance through a clear avenue.

Veteran ruckman Chris Keunen iced a splendid performance by sprinting deep into attack to convert an uncontested mark in the goal square while his team would have virtually ended the contest before the last break but for key forwards Keitel and Michael Lourey missing set shots in the dying moments of the term.

Keitel kicked five goals in a blistering first half that set up West Perth’s comprehensive win.

He had five shots at goal in the first term alone, landing three and hitting the post with another set shot, as he stretched his 2017 team-mate Oscar Allen.

East Perth were hamstrung when key defender Kyle Anderson , who was playing his first league match of the season after a wretched run with injury, was concussed at his first marking contest and took no further part in the game.

The Royals looked dangerous in attack, with West Coast big man Nathan Vardy converting his first touch and Jarrod Brander starting well, only for the unheralded West Perth defenders to overwhelm their opponents.

Ben King closed down Brander, rangy backman Mark Hamilton amassed 19 touches for just the second time in his career, and Mitch Peirce and Blake Wilhelm proved excellent contributors.

East Perth dropped reigning fairest and best winner Julian Ameduri as they recalled three Eagles.

WEST PERTH 4.3 7.7 9.11 13.15 93

EAST PERTH 4.1 6.6 7.7 10.9 69

GOALS – WEST PERTH: Keitel 6; van Berlo, Manzone 2; Meadows, Lourey, Keunen.

EAST PERTH: Maginness 3; McGinnity 2; Wellingham, McInnes, Brander, Petruccelle, Vardy.

BEST – WEST PERTH: Keitel, Keunen, Black, Peirce, Sh Nelson, Wilhelm, Hamilton, King.

EAST PERTH: McGinnity, Ainsworth, Wright, M

Tyler Keitel kicks six goals as West Perth defeat East Perth at Arena Joondalup
John TownsendThe West Australian
Monday, 4 June 2018 7:09PMJohn Townsend
1528103441491_G661LGSRS.1-1.jpg

West Perth forward Tyler Keitel starred against the Royals with six majors.Picture: The Sunday Times
Key forward Tyler Keitel dominated in the air and was deadly on the ground as West Perth stung archrivals East Perth in a victory that has virtually ensured the Falcons qualify for finals this season.

Keitel was too much of a handful for two Allens – West Coast players Oscar and Matthew – as he kicked six goals in the 24-point point win over his former team at Arena Joondalup today.

And the WA Day derby success helped coach Bill Monaghan celebrate his 200th West Perth match in ideal fashion.

“I am a West Person now,” Monaghan declared after the 13.15 (93) to 10.9 (69) win.

“To reach 200 in a derby is significant but the players should be the ones who are most proud.

“We probably had a bit more control than the final scoreboard showed but the twos had a great win coming from behind and it was a fantastic day for the club.

“Our reward now is a five-day break before a trip to Mandurah to play Peel.”

Keitel landed three set shots from long range but was even more effective at ground level with three accurate snaps that rewarded West Perth once they got on top in the middle.

The mobile 196cm forward Keitel missed another four shots, including a free from a ferocious tackle that left Matthew Allen rattled, but proved impossible to contain.

West Perth took charge of the match midway through the third term when they were finally able to play at their own tempo.

The Falcons were content to chip the ball around their defensive 50m zone for several minutes at a time before they got a chance to advance through a clear avenue.

Veteran ruckman Chris Keunen iced a splendid performance by sprinting deep into attack to convert an uncontested mark in the goal square while his team would have virtually ended the contest before the last break but for key forwards Keitel and Michael Lourey missing set shots in the dying moments of the term.

Keitel kicked five goals in a blistering first half that set up West Perth’s comprehensive win.

He had five shots at goal in the first term alone, landing three and hitting the post with another set shot, as he stretched his 2017 team-mate Oscar Allen.

East Perth were hamstrung when key defender Kyle Anderson , who was playing his first league match of the season after a wretched run with injury, was concussed at his first marking contest and took no further part in the game.

The Royals looked dangerous in attack, with West Coast big man Nathan Vardy converting his first touch and Jarrod Brander starting well, only for the unheralded West Perth defenders to overwhelm their opponents.

Ben King closed down Brander, rangy backman Mark Hamilton amassed 19 touches for just the second time in his career, and Mitch Peirce and Blake Wilhelm proved excellent contributors.

East Perth dropped reigning fairest and best winner Julian Ameduri as they recalled three Eagles.

WEST PERTH 4.3 7.7 9.11 13.15 93

EAST PERTH 4.1 6.6 7.7 10.9 69

GOALS – WEST PERTH: Keitel 6; van Berlo, Manzone 2; Meadows, Lourey, Keunen.

EAST PERTH: Maginness 3; McGinnity 2; Wellingham, McInnes, Brander, Petruccelle, Vardy.

BEST – WEST PERTH: Keitel, Keunen, Black, Peirce, Sh Nelson, Wilhelm, Hamilton, King.

EAST PERTH: McGinnity, Ainsworth, Wright, M
I liked him last year as a relatively mature age recruit to help out at the Lions while our younger KPFs developed, although he is not much older than them IMO he would be an upgrade on Josh Walker who has probably had his chance to grab an AFL career.

Callan Wellings didn't set the world on fire today but he's putting as good a season from a 19 year old undrafted player I've seen in the VFL.

Callan Wellings didn't set the world on fire today but he's putting as good a season from a 19 year old undrafted player I've seen in the VFL.
Yes he’s been very good along with Hore. I would hope we’d look at Wellings next year.

Mitch McGuire from The Canberra Demons has been putting up some solid numbers in the NEAFL. Ex Giants academy player, that I think should get a look in somewhere next year.

Yes he’s been very good along with Hore. I would hope we’d look at Wellings next year.

Mitch McGuire from The Canberra Demons has been putting up some solid numbers in the NEAFL. Ex Giants academy player, that I think should get a look in somewhere next year.
I keep getting in this lull with Hore, thinking "too small, won't make it" but he was very good today, one of your best. Wellings needs to be drafted by someone.

Who that is, I don't know. However someone needs to pick him up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Couple of guys fast rising up my VFL board. Some recognisable ones and some new to the radar.

Nick Coughlan has come from no where to continue putting up solid numbers for Werribee alongside former Docker Sam Collins whilst Callan Wellings was once again very good for Collingwood in the VFL

Couple of guys fast rising up my VFL board. Some recognisable ones and some new to the radar.

Nick Coughlan has come from no where to continue putting up solid numbers for Werribee alongside former Docker Sam Collins whilst Callan Wellings was once again very good for Collingwood in the VFL
Coughlan was on St. Kilda's list for 2 or 3 years IIRC.

Coughlan was on St. Kilda's list for 2 or 3 years IIRC.

Injured alot in his second season after a somewhat ok debut season.

Has been a shining light for the young and at times inexperienced Werribee side. I like him. Maybe a tad undersized to play true KPP at AFL level but one to watch imho

WAFL Update after round 10

1-Jye Bolton (CL)
2-Marlion Pickett (SF)
3-Cody Leggett (P)
4-Jono Marsh (EF)
5-Luke Meadows (WP)
6-Haiden Schloithe (SF)
7-Shane Nelson (WP)
8-Josh DeLuca (S)
9-Warrick Wilson (SD)
10-Tyler Keitel (WP)
11-William Reidy (SD)
12-Oliver Eastland (CL)
13-Jarrad Jansen (EF)
14-Dylan Main (SF)
15-Jordan Boullineau (PT)
16-Corey Byrne (P)
17-Blair Bell (PT)
18-Matthew Parker (SF)
19-Corey Gault (SD)
20-Jacob Miller (S)
21-Jesse Turner (SD)
22-Taryce Stewart (SD)
23-Bailey Rogers (CL)
24-Sean Fletcher (EF)
25-Michael Sinclair (P)
26-Jared Hardisty (CL)
27-Tobe Watson (SD)
28-Dylan Smallwood (CL)
29-Michael Bennell (P)
30-Julian Ameduri (EP)

Watching-Matthew Palfrey (CL), Jacob Dragovich (SF), Stan Wright (EP), Brandon Donaldson (SF), Connor West (WP), Russell Wynne (EF), Jesse Wynne (EF), Nathan Blakely (SD), Liam Tedesco (WP), Cody Ninyette (P), Jaxon Cahill (EP), Dylan Winton (EF), Ben Sokol (S)

Last edited:
What ever happened to Jonty Scharenberg?? I remember his disposal being a big issue in his draft year. He was supposedly unlucky not getting picked up, then he missed out again last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back