Maurice Rioli Jr Set To Be A Tiger in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I said it would be good to have another Rioli at Richmond and they replied he wants to play at Freo.
Like I said it was awhile ago and I didn't push for a reason why but the person would 100% know if he felt that way.
But things change. Again, was just sharing what I was told.
I reckon you were played. I've lost count of how many people say things are around here who's source 'would know' but it's completely wrong. I remember Aaron Hall was a certainty to Richmond not so long ago.
I'm not even sure why you would offer that comment given that MRJ has been pretty clear over the last 2 years where he wants to play.

He will be at Richmond. We consider this years draft to be average at best and we will be picking lower in the order. I wouldnt be surprised if we traded out our first and second picks for a player and using our 3rd rounder for Maurice Junior. That would equate to about pick 54 if we win the flag.

He will be at Richmond. We consider this years draft to be average at best and we will be picking lower in the order. I wouldnt be surprised if we traded out our first and second picks for a player and using our 3rd rounder for Maurice Junior. That would equate to about pick 54 if we win the flag.
Sounds like he’s got the sauce this bloke , thx for heads up clarkey

the highlights look great but probably some fairly weak opposition.

Realistically, where's he rated in the draft? Is he actually a top talent or is he more a project player 3rd/4th rounder that we will give a crack to for the romance? Which im all for as well by the way even as a late pick.

Realistically, where's he rated in the draft? Is he actually a top talent or is he more a project player 3rd/4th rounder that we will give a crack to for the romance? Which im all for as well by the way even as a late pick.
Cal Twomey reckons late pick or potentially a rookie.

I reckon you were played. I've lost count of how many people say things are around here who's source 'would know' but it's completely wrong. I remember Aaron Hall was a certainty to Richmond not so long ago.
I'm not even sure why you would offer that comment given that MRJ has been pretty clear over the last 2 years where he wants to play.
Hall was very close to coming to us. Changed his mind at the last minute when Gold Coast offered him more money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He will get bid on most likely in the 3rd round imo pick #40-#50 is my guess but we will take him as we have seen enough and invested alot of time into him over the years.

As another poster mentioned i do see us trading our 1st rounder or our 2nd rounder depending on where we finish this season on the ladder with our draft picks

Jr is going to be a freakish tackling machine star. Some recruiters rate jr in the top 25 on natural talent and upside when in a professional fitness environment and as good as kozzie pickett who was a first round pick 11. Hope we get him cheaply for the melts

Jr is going to be a freakish tackling machine star. Some recruiters rate jr in the top 25 on natural talent and upside when in a professional fitness environment and as good as kozzie pickett who was a first round pick 11. Hope we get him cheaply for the melts

First few tackles actually reminded me of Cyril! Throwing his body into the tackle

Remove this Banner Ad

Back