Maurice Rioli Jr Set To Be A Tiger in 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

why would essendon have any claim?
Have the Tiwi Islands as part of their next generation Academy Zone.

Dodgy buggers went straight to Tiger Country (Maurice Rioli) to try to snatch junior from us.

I will be inconsolable if Essendon poach him from us.

why would essendon have any claim?
Any club can bid on an academy/father son prospect but the club of nomination has the choice to match it if they choose to do so.

Currently Essendon has pick 6, 41, 61, 69, 70 & 79. You'd expect them to get another 1st rounder for Saad, a 2nd rounder for Fantasia, at least a 2nd rounder for Daniher compo/trade. Plus potentially more to jump ship.

5 picks inside 41. Wouldn't be surprised to see them draft for needs/best available first couple picks then bid for MRJ with their 3rd, 4th or 5th. Just cos it's a Dodoro thing to do, especially with Mosquito out with an ACL....

Any club can bid on an academy/father son prospect but the club of nomination has the choice to match it if they choose to do so.

Currently Essendon has pick 6, 41, 61, 69, 70 & 79. You'd expect them to get another 1st rounder for Saad, a 2nd rounder for Fantasia, at least a 2nd rounder for Daniher compo/trade. Plus potentially more to jump ship.

5 picks inside 41. Wouldn't be surprised to see them draft for needs/best available first couple picks then bid for MRJ with their 3rd, 4th or 5th. Just cos it's a Dodoro thing to do, especially with Mosquito out with an ACL....

Bloody ridiculous they are getting a first rounder for Saad,should be late teens at the most,can never be fair that club.

Bloody ridiculous they are getting a first rounder for Saad,should be late teens at the most,can never be fair that club.
I think he's worth it personally. He's a gun. Not pick 7 though, that's too much. My guess is Carlton will trade 7 and 27 to cats for 15 and 16 then pass one of them to Dodo. Something like that.

Without question. Essendon will be the team to bid on him first. The worry is it seems as though they are going to have a shitload of early picks so a bid for MRJ may come earlier then we'd hoped.
If they know anything of list management they’ll be bolstering kpp with Daniher out And hurley and hooker over 30yo

Can’t see anyone bidding on Junior in the first round. I wouldn’t be surprised if a club bid in the second round but that may even be reaching, though he seems to be talked up the closer we come to the draft. Imo the bid will come in the late second but most likely the third round. I’d match wherever the bid comes. Wonder how he went at the combine (did he test?)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Dan will give it to Jnr it only seems right to give it to his direct son
I don’t know if it is that simple

Dan has won two flags in that number now and has had it his own imo

What's the point of father son if other clubs can bid? Ridiculous.
I think it's about paying a fair price. The club has the right to match any bid if they choose.

But I agree, should be a free swing like it used to be. Use you last pick for any eligible father-son picks, but keep bidding system for academy picks which is a rort.

Have the Tiwi Islands as part of their next generation Academy Zone.

Dodgy buggers went straight to Tiger Country (Maurice Rioli) to try to snatch junior from us. He may be from their zone but he has had no affiliation with their academy thus nullifying any chance of claiming him

I will be inconsolable if Essendon poach him from us.

What's the point of father son if other clubs can bid? Ridiculous.
It's up to MRJ. If he nominates Richmond then that cancels any rights Freo or Essendon have. They could nominate him but so could any club and therefore we would have the option to take him and it would be our call.

Can someone please explain to me why Essendon would have any rights to Rioli at all? Did they actively contribute to his development both in time and money? Can anyone truly claim that he is a bona fide product of something that if it didn't exist there would be no discussion about him? Are the academies just the old country and metropolitan zones revisted? The first I heard of Rioli being a prospective Richmond player he was probably about 12? Fremantle I get, Fremantle makes sense, but Essendon, I just get my head around it?

Can someone please explain to me why Essendon would have any rights to Rioli at all? Did they actively contribute to his development both in time and money? Can anyone truly claim that he is a bona fide product of something that if it didn't exist there would be no discussion about him? Are the academies just the old country and metropolitan zones revisted? The first I heard of Rioli being a prospective Richmond player he was probably about 12? Fremantle I get, Fremantle makes sense, but Essendon, I just get my head around it?
All because of Dreamtime at the 'G. But Essendon's Top End academy is a sure fire way to destroy talent.

How did they go with developing (Hall's Creek prospect) Mosquito?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back