Toast Maurice Rioli Life Member (with controversial poll.)

Should Danial Rioli give number 17 to Maurice Rioli junior if he is drafted?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
http://m.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-12-10/life-reward-for-rioli
When I was about 8yo, I remember seeing Maurice play at the MCG and I could not believe what I was seeing. His agility ,evasiveness, class and pure skill were incredible.He was the also the original 'tackling machine' well ahead of his time.It's a pity he wasn't made a life member earlier, I rate him along with Polly Farmer as the greatest ever indiginous player. images (17).jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Daniel did decide to pass on the 17 (not that I think he should be pressured to do so) I would love to see Daniel take on the number 10 if the timing works out with sheds getting older

I remember saying when we drafted Daniel that I thought he should have been given 27 (the number Maurice wore for us in his last two seasons) and then if either A) it looked like we would draft MR Jnr, then Daniel keeps 27 and give 17 to junior or B) if Daniel progressed to a decent level (which he has done) and it wasn't a cert that we would draft Jnr then Daniel could be handed 17. Now, to be honest I'm not that bothered if Daniel keeps it especially as he won a premiership in it, or if he decides to give it up to Jnr then that's cool too. I just really want to see another Maurice Rioli running around the G in yellow and black

Back