Max Holmes will be the best player in the AFL in 5 years time

Remove this Banner Ad

Old Man Jenkins

Senior List
Sep 4, 2011
AFL Club
Adelaide
Bookmark it.

Everything I have seen of young Max, indicates he will be an absolute superstar. Has all the attributes of a young Dangerfield.

• Exceptional foot speed. To quote Dwayne Russell 'even his own shadow can't keep up with him'.
  • Beautiful long kick of the footy. He can roost them through the sticks from 50 metres out no problem.
  • Very composed and evasive through traffic. Is very confident in his ability to sell candy and take other players on.
  • Can pinpoint moving targets by both hand and foot regardless of how much pressure he's under. Most kids his age can often look like a deer in the headlights, but not Max.
  • Not afraid to go in and under meaning he's not just an outside ball receiver. He's just as good on the inside meaning he's not a one trick pony.

Feel free to bump this in 2027.

A huge call, but I like it 😅

If Holmes is in contention for an All Australian spot in 2027 (or before), kudos to you!

He looks and moves a bit like James Kelly, but I think he has a few more tricks than Kelly.

He has certainly improved a lot over the past month, to the extent where I think he is now a starting 18 lock on the wing.

Cracking Up Lol GIF by HULU

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bookmark it.

Everything I have seen of young Max, indicates he will be an absolute superstar. Has all the attributes of a young Dangerfield.

• Exceptional foot speed. To quote Dwayne Russell 'even his own shadow can't keep up with him'.
  • Beautiful long kick of the footy. He can roost them through the sticks from 50 metres out no problem.
  • Very composed and evasive through traffic. Is very confident in his ability to sell candy and take other players on.
  • Can pinpoint moving targets by both hand and foot regardless of how much pressure he's under. Most kids his age can often look like a deer in the headlights, but not Max.
  • Not afraid to go in and under meaning he's not just an outside ball receiver. He's just as good on the inside meaning he's not a one trick pony.

Feel free to bump this in 2027.
His Mother was an Olympic sprinter, so certainly has the pedigree for speed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back