Toast Max Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot to like with Holmes.

His contested work is overrated though - can't mix it with the other pure inside mids yet - but is developing nicely. A hell of a lot to like on the outside and when fed the ball in congestion. Big fan of his defensive running as well.

Love Holmes... Just not sure we picked Jhye Clark because we have Holmes on the list already and we would have gone a Ginbey/Poo type if we didn't have Holmes.

Anyway, I am hoping they are a lethal combo in the middle for many years to come.
Agree. Was a very poor take.

Love Holmes... Just not sure we picked Jhye Clark because we have Holmes on the list already and we would have gone a Ginbey/Poo type if we didn't have Holmes.

Anyway, I am hoping they are a lethal combo in the middle for many years to come.
Yeah like I was saying before, I think it's just the part where we create a core group of decent kids that won't ask for a trade. But the idea that Holmes could bulk up 10kgs and run through stoppages rather than say from them would also give Wells some comfort

Thought his game against Swans was his best yet. Showed his speed, class and nous. Future captain
Everything I see and hear about about Max screams future captian.

i hear he is a leader of the young posse that we are all pinning our hopes on… him, SDK, o henry, Dempsey, Tanner, mitch, Toby, scratcher, jye etc. he is really encouraging to each of them and takes them aside (including jye over past couple of weeks) and gives advise etc. and of course he according to our current captain could become the best player in the competition!

I know it is an early call but maybe a 2030 captain?

Everything I see and hear about about Max screams future captian.

i hear he is a leader of the young posse that we are all pinning our hopes on… him, SDK, o henry, Dempsey, Tanner, mitch, Toby, scratcher, jye etc. he is really encouraging to each of them and takes them aside (including jye over past couple of weeks) and gives advise etc. and of course he according to our current captain could become the best player in the competition!

I know it is an early call but maybe a 2030 captain?
I was thinking about this the other day.

Without looking at the list profile and just off the top of my head I thought he could be C earlier than that.

Just because I guess Danger will do it maybe next year and then Stewart get it for maybe 2 or 3 before he either is finished or pretty darn old and passes it on.

So that's like 3 or 4, maybe 5 years and I just couldn't think of a guy on our list in the middle-age bracket that could slide in and take it around 2028.

So ill guess future C and even a bit before 2030.

I was thinking about this the other day.

Without looking at the list profile and just off the top of my head I thought he could be C earlier than that.

Just because I guess Danger will do it maybe next year and then Stewart get it for maybe 2 or 3 before he either is finished or pretty darn old and passes it on.

So that's like 3 or 4, maybe 5 years and I just couldn't think of a guy on our list in the middle-age bracket that could slide in and take it around 2028.

So ill guess future C and even a bit before 2030.
Jake Kolojashnij? Just a thought. He's so important for our back 6, as soon as he came in we started winning. He was also massive in the Finals series last year. Looks like we ended up with the better Kolojashnij in the end.

Jake Kolojashnij? Just a thought. He's so important for our back 6, as soon as he came in we started winning. He was also massive in the Finals series last year. Looks like we ended up with the better Kolojashnij in the end.
It's crazy that Kolo is in the mix for being a 200+ game player

Maybe Sara Blicavs' son. 😁

*Assuming she has one.

Maybe. Long time down the track. Be nice to add one a little quicker.. Holmes success must have a few thinking on where eyes should be looking

On Mark's sister .... she has made noises about playing AFLW at some stage ... makes me wonder. ...sooner or later. How many games would she have to play for a son to be able to be tied to geelong?

I think Mother Son is going to eventually hit the big wall of polcorrectness

Imagine Nina Morrison or some other player.. at some stage is going to have a boy child that becomes draft worthy ..let alone being a Max Holmes or Nick Dacios . How many games for Mother Son is it? As it stands ... I think Father Daughter is 1 game from memory from when Brown came to Geelong). but these things do get a Mehh sort of nod at the moment. It will be different when its the mens. Imagine if Harley Rieds mother had played 3 games for Geelong ...

the dilemma will be delicious. I think sooner or later the whole concept is going to be in trouble ..especially when traditionally adopted children could not be Father Son.

In the meantime .... serious question. Is there a Rookie B for the women. Women have not played footy. for years... can Geelong just add Sara Blicavs ... or any other Olympian .

Could they go to a female sprinter that has fallen from the Aust team ..and offer them a chance. Perhaps a tallish 110 metre hurdler ...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great to see some positive press for Max, thanks Brad Johnson!

“He’s 20 years of age, he’s rated amongst the best in the comp for his role at centre bounce and wing and with (Patrick) Dangerfield going down, he probably gets more of a run through the centre.

“He now consistently gets 20-25 disposals, not 15-20, so he’s taken that next step as a player.”

For me, he is a MUST KEEP
Wonder if he is another-
-Murdoch, never achieving greatness at Geelong or anywhere
-JClark, achieving more at his next destination than at Geelong
OR-
-He goes on to become an all time great winger for us rivalling Turner and Riccardi

For me, he is a MUST KEEP
Wonder if he is another-
-Murdoch, never achieving greatness at Geelong or anywhere
-JClark, achieving more at his next destination than at Geelong
OR-
-He goes on to become an all time great winger for us rivalling Turner and Riccardi
A must keep to be certain Vdubs but did you really have to bring Murdoch into the questionnaire, the thought of Murdoch playing 25 games for the Cats was a burden I did not what to contemplate but the fact the Geelong hierarchy thought he was good enough to play 100 games, ouch that hurt..... just starting to get over it now, that's of course until you brought his name up. PS Max a 250+ game Catman to be sure and I must say Vdubs the Turner, Riccardi comparison has a nice ring to it!

I didn't think Murdoch was that bad.
Me either. Exciting, speedy talent, but something missing overall given his lack of games at GC. He played 100+ games for us which is never shabby.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back