Toast Max Holmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Any idea how we can see that?
sometimes fox footy uploads clips to fb and twitter, not sure how else without access.

To summarise, they showed a clip of the work Holmes did before his high loopy kick at goal from 55m out. He gut run from our F50 chasing GC down the field to our D50, and on the turnover he runs back up the field before getting the overlap and kicking the goal. Quite impressive.

It is quite good that the year we gave away three first round picks, we may have got the best player in the draft.

Thank you Richmond.
It's a nice thought but he needs to go past Logan McDonald and there's a few others pressing cases. He looks probably top 10 in a redraft right now

It's a nice thought but he needs to go past Logan McDonald and there's a few others pressing cases. He looks probably top 10 in a redraft right now

Only one’s possibly ahead I reckon are both at the Swans - McDonald and Guilden. Reckon he’s currently ahead Ugle-Hagan and Thilthorpe.

Only one’s possibly ahead I reckon are both at the Swans - McDonald and Guilden. Reckon he’s currently ahead Ugle-Hagan and Thilthorpe.
Talls take longer, but they also have a high failure rate. I think he's short odds to end up to 10 in his draft year at least

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clark was better in his first year

I actually agree - Clark was electric in his first year. Unfortunately, he regressed for us due to injury and perhaps trying to force him to play an unnatural role (I know there were whispers of "unprofessionalism" but was there ever proof?). Max has developed considerably from an OK debut year and I'd now have him a first 22 lock.

Got me stuffed how he didn't make the 22 All Australian squad

I'd say it's pretty simple - there's strong competition for midfield spots & Holmes had an indifferent start to the season

His form was up & down prior to his injury - not unexpected for a second year player, but if we had higher player availability during those earlier rounds, he may have found himself in the VFL for a run

The Melbourne match looks like a turning point in his season - we've seen more consistency from him, including what could well be break out games if he can continue this recent form

I remember when he was injured during the Freo game. Chris Scott said post match he was more important to the team than they’d realised. I recall thinking that was quite a statement!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Re-do the draft now and he’s a top 5, possibly top 3 pick on how he’s performed this year.

Agree, though there's some pretty good players from that 2020 draft:

Errol Gulden (pick 32 - Sydney)
Archie Perkins (pick 9 - Essendon)
Sam Berry (pick 28 - Adelaide)
Tom Powell (pick 13 - North Melbourne)
Brandon Walker (pick 50 - Fremantle)
Nikolas Cox (pick 8 - Essendon)
Riley Thilthorpe (pick 2 - Adelaide)
Oliver Henry (pick 17 - Collingwood)
Jake Bowey (pick 21 - Melbourne)
Logan McDonald (pick 4 - Sydney)
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan (pick 1 - Western Bulldogs)
Denver Grainger-Barras (pick 6 - Hawthorn)
Heath Chapman (pick 14 - Fremantle)
Maurice Rioli (pick 51 - Richmond)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back