St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
One thing about Max that we don’t speak about much is his goal kicking technique. Whilst obviously it’s not perfect and will fluctuate he is such a pure kick of the pill. It’s just such a fluid action. Compare to like Roo it seems a lot more streamlined and consistent. Also he has serious length to his kick and can flush from 55 fairly easily.

Let’s hope/pray his accuracy can be maintained.

AFL 360 flash up a thumbnail pic on screen saying, “coming up Max King Rising Star”

...With a pic of BEN in the GCS jersey 🙄
( it was really quick, but I’m sure I didn’t imagine it)

Ha! Proof that I saw what I saw!

83D291D6-9D65-44B4-8396-A075B9CC3A5C.jpeg

One thing about Max that we don’t speak about much is his goal kicking technique. Whilst obviously it’s not perfect and will fluctuate he is such a pure kick of the pill. It’s just such a fluid action. Compare to like Roo it seems a lot more streamlined and consistent. Also he has serious length to his kick and can flush from 55 fairly easily.

Let’s hope/pray his accuracy can be maintained.

In his TAC year he was a bit messy with his set shots but had so many goes at them he still kicked heaps. Was actually pretty good at snaps and running goals though. I think working with a few old champions might have fixed what ever he had wrong with the seat shots though.

Primed4Glory

Debutant
Jan 23, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’m so thankful to have Max King wearing the red white and black.
Since Roo retired I’ve found it really difficult to pin point a Favourite player.
I mean Billings is good and Gresh shows flashes and Steele is Mr reliable and does Steels things but it’s so obvious we have a cult hero on hands with the big number 12.
Love big Winx as I did Roo, Goddard, Hayes, Dal.
Love all the boys but it’s good to have a clear number 1 again

Last edited:
I’m so very thankful to have Max King wearing the red white and black.
Since Roo retired I’ve found it really difficult to pin point a Favourite player.
I mean Billings is good and Gresh shows flashes and Steele is Mr reliable and does Steels things but it’s so very obvious we have a cult hero on hands with the big number 12.
Love big Winx as I did Roo, Goddard, Hayes, Dal.
Love all the boys but it’s good to have a clear number 1 again ❤️

Spot on.
Exactly why I have “handed over” my avatar from one great #12 to the next great one.

D2D3

Club Legend
May 20, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just love him.

I was a massive sceptic when we got rid of Josh Bruce: I thought we were throwing this kid to the wolves.

Boy was the club right and I was wrong! Max plays like a veteran in many ways already. His footy brain is phenomenal, his work below his knees a joy to watch.

To think he is the main man in our forward line as a 20-year-old after two years out of the game. He’s going to get better and better.

An absolute credit to himself that he’s putting this year together and a scary prospect for other teams to come up against for many years.

Congrats Max!!!

Yeap 100% there with you. I was very concerned we were putting to much on King's shoulders. Very happy to be wrong. He has had a steller first real year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Imagine not picking max before rozee

We would not be forgiven. From memory Lethlean overruled our recruiters.

Most years we would not have got a look in with Max at #4. Carlton already had McKay & Curnow & desperately needed midfield depth. Walsh was the right call. Lukosious & Rankine at #2 & #3 are correct calls at the time & will be very good players. But if we took anyone but Max at our first pick it would’ve been a massive mistake. Thank god for Lethers.

CarnTheSAINTERS

All Australian
Jul 15, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda

Most years we would not have got a look in with Max at #4. Carlton already had McKay & Curnow & desperately needed midfield depth. Walsh was the right call. Lukosious & Rankine at #2 & #3 are correct calls at the time & will be very good players. But if we took anyone but Max at our first pick it would’ve been a massive mistake. Thank god for Lethers.
Rozee is still good but max is generational. After the mccartin stuff up we definitely would not be forgiven. Shows recruiting for needs means stuff all. We needed a midfielder (and still do) but it was 100% the right call.

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds united, Chicago Bulls

Mate if he never had an ACL injury- he would of been a clear pick 1.

in a weird way. We got lucky.

Omin

Senior List
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I was one of those people saying we should take Bailey Smith since midfield was top priority at the time as we had McCartin Membrey and Bruce on the list and didn’t know what the recruiters were thinking taking a forward who did his ACL. Boy was I wrong

Max is easily the most exited I’ve been about a player at the club since Riewoldt and will be the best forward for the next 10 years

I hate calling these too early but so far he looks likely to be a superstar. St Kilda without a star tall forward just doesn't seem right so looks like fate at the moment.

Walsh last year looked like the best kid ever, now he looks like an average wingman with poor kicking. Rozee looked like a superstar for a first year kid and now he looks okay, Butterss and Duursma also similar. Rankine and Luko looked like potential busts and both now look ahead of guys who last year looked top shelf.

To me the best player so far is Bailey Smith. I expect by next year that could change again with the Kings and Rankine showing enough to suggest they could jump up to be special by then. Rowbottom is a potential gun too.

The top end of that draft is so good and we still haven't seen some of them.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda

I thought Chris Liberatore was super keen on King 2 years before the draft, that is why people were so sure he wouldn't get past our pick even months before the draft?

Could be wrong obviously, I just hadn't read that before.

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
I thought Chris Liberatore was super keen on King 2 years before the draft, that is why people were so sure he wouldn't get past our pick even months before the draft?

Could be wrong obviously, I just hadn't read that before.

Not out of the mouth of any StC employee. It was reported in one of the phantom drafts (maybe Sam Landsburger?) that Libba wanted Rozee but was overruled by Lethlean.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Not out of the mouth of any StC employee. It was reported in one of the phantom drafts (maybe Sam Landsburger?) that Libba wanted Rozee but was overruled by Lethlean.
Yeah right.

Even more reason to think Lethlean is the best thing that's happened to this club for a long time if true.

Hopefully he can continue to keep his dick in his pants and we should be right for a flag or 3 very soon!

Aug 30, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah right.

Even more reason to think Lethlean is the best thing that's happened to this club for a long time if true.

Hopefully he can continue to keep his dick in his pants and we should be right for a flag or 3 very soon!

This article says Richo wanted Rozee. Assuming that was during the year before he was sacked.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back