Toast Max King earns Rising Star nomination

Remove this Banner Ad

In his TAC year he was a bit messy with his set shots but had so many goes at them he still kicked heaps. Was actually pretty good at snaps and running goals though. I think working with a few old champions might have fixed what ever he had wrong with the seat shots though.
All the boys who've been under Lloydy at Haileybury have beautiful set shots

Kingsx2
Battle
Gus Brayshaw

Can we hook Max up with one of Plugger's daughters? Need to get a breeding program happening pronto.

A 7ft tall "Plugger" King, with hands twice the size of Stewie Loewe, who never misses ... You'd just want to hope King plays at least 100 games for us (highly likely), and the league doesn't screw us over with father-son (practically assured!) ... :drunk:

Two more bags of 3 goals and he should be favourite for the rising star.
It really is only a matter of time before he kicks 5 or 6 tho and I reckon it will happen this year. Definitely should have had 4 or 5 against Essendon. Still just can't believe the way he is going for his 1st season. Its so good it actually makes me nervous

A 7ft tall "Plugger" King, with hands twice the size of Stewie Loewe, who never misses ... You'd just want to hope King plays at least 100 games for us (highly likely), and the league doesn't screw us over with father-son (practically assured!) ... :drunk:
Imagine if King then has twins - OMG OMG OMG. To be gender neutral he should then have 2 sets of twins - 2 girls and 2 boys. 2 father sons, 2 father daughters!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

im fairly certain we had Max King in mind for our draft pick the moment he walked into ourclub to do his rehab ... i think the conjecture was what we do if GC picked him up before us as there was a thought that GC would take both King boys in the thought that they would be less likely to want to leave if they came in together ....
interesting note from draft night our player welfare officer Browny was with the king family pretty much all night including Ben King yet the GC representitive was somewhat pre-occupied elsewhere ...
looks like it amounted to nothing as Ben looks more than comfortable over in GC though

im fairly certain we had Max King in mind for our draft pick the moment he walked into ourclub to do his rehab ... i think the conjecture was what we do if GC picked him up before us as there was a thought that GC would take both King boys in the thought that they would be less likely to want to leave if they came in together ....
interesting note from draft night our player welfare officer Browny was with the king family pretty much all night including Ben King yet the GC representitive was somewhat pre-occupied elsewhere ...
looks like it amounted to nothing as Ben looks more than comfortable over in GC though

Thanks god for his knee injury, he probably would have been gone otherwise.....oh and Richo for not winning many games.

Not out of the mouth of any StC employee. It was reported in one of the phantom drafts (maybe Sam Landsburger?) that Libba wanted Rozee but was overruled by Lethlean.
Doesn't really work that way. Libba may have had a preference but the others including Satan, Ratts, Gubby, and Gags would workshop it.

Interesting Duursma dropped this week. Good player but his FIGJAM arrow should be put away until he is established.

Doesn't really work that way. Libba may have had a preference but the others including Satan, Ratts, Gubby, and Gags would workshop it.

Interesting Duursma dropped this week. Good player but his FIGJAM arrow should be put away until he is established.

Yea I’m not sure how it all worked, I’m only going off what I read. But I am aware they have various committees to accomodate the draft, list management, etc. I would imagine to ensure integrity they would each individually table their recommendation & a decision would be workshopped & ratified by the majority. The way I interpreted the article was there was some robust discussions, Libba recommended Rozee, Leathlean King, & the board concluded on picking King.

Yea I’m not sure how it all worked, I’m only going off what I read. But I am aware they have various committees to accomodate the draft, list management, etc. I would imagine to ensure integrity they would each individually table their recommendation & a decision would be workshopped & ratified by the majority. The way I interpreted the article was there was some robust discussions, Libba recommended Rozee, Leathlean King, & the board concluded on picking King.
Satan gets what he wants.

My god Max is an absolute star. Absolute freak talent. Just a question for you Saints faithful. How close is this kid to Max was at the age of 18? Do you see any similar traits ? Other than Jamarra only being 197cms compared to max 200+? Also, sorry for the Treloar mail last year. I was promised it was gonna happen :(

My god Max is an absolute star. Absolute freak talent. Just a question for you Saints faithful. How close is this kid to Max was at the age of 18? Do you see any similar traits ? Other than Jamarra only being 197cms compared to max 200+? Also, sorry for the Treloar mail last year. I was promised it was gonna happen :(

Not fit to tie Max's boot laces

He looks more of a Buddy type to me. King a tall who can crumb and play well below his knees.

He looks more of a Buddy type to me. King a tall who can crumb and play well below his knees.

Yeah, JUH looks like a Buddy clone.

The Kings are unlike anything I've ever seen in footy, blokes of their size having the sort of athletic traits, agility, ability at ground level and kicking skills is unprecendented.

JUH could end up better than both of them, as he too looks an incredible talent, but the Kings are a new type of player. Just like Riewoldt changed what it was to be a key forward, the kings are already re-defining what it means to be a key position player. I think the taller kids at junior level are not going to be given the same leeway to carry subpar skills going forward.

Exciting to see the Kings, JUH, Naughton and a few other quality young KPF's coming through the ranks. The game is always better for having the big talls own the forward 50. We lost half a generation of talent in McCartin, Boyd, Patton, McCarthy etc. to various issues, but his next group look like they could more than make up for it.

Yeah, JUH looks like a Buddy clone.

The Kings are unlike anything I've ever seen in footy, blokes of their size having the sort of athletic traits, agility, ability at ground level and kicking skills is unprecendented.

JUH could end up better than both of them, as he too looks an incredible talent, but the Kings are a new type of player. Just like Riewoldt changed what it was to be a key forward, the kings are already re-defining what it means to be a key position player. I think the taller kids at junior level are not going to be given the same leeway to carry subpar skills going forward.

Exciting to see the Kings, JUH, Naughton and a few other quality young KPF's coming through the ranks. The game is always better for having the big talls own the forward 50. We lost half a generation of talent in McCartin, Boyd, Patton, McCarthy etc. to various issues, but his next group look like they could more than make up for it.
If the AFL want to improve the image of the game and really get fans salivating at the weekly fixtures.

Getting key forwards to start kicking BIG Bags every week would help.

I dare say if umpires had more training around the frees not paid to people like King, with the hope of correcting them - it would receive next to no backlash in comparison to some of the rule changes they have introduced

Reminds me a lot of a young Franklin think he might be better over head then buddy

Sorry but any talk of the umpires doing their job better (or properly) is heresy.

If nothing else, the umpires dpt has been very consistent in informing the public that the umpires are correct at all times on all matters.
None the less, it's been determined by the powers that be that the best way to improve scoring is for the umpires pay 50m penalties against the man on the mark, and 50m penalties for various other offences like showing emotion, muttering, disagreeing and so on.

When the players and public alike eventually realize that actually the fans tune in to watch the umpires and advertisements, then we'll start to see real progress and improvement.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back