Senior Max King

Remove this Banner Ad

Has he played any back up ruck minutes for sandy yet ? Because I imagine that’s a role they will want him to play long term in the seniors so I can’t see them putting him in the ones until he’s had exposure playing that role ... not suggesting he would play that role in the ones right away but I’m sure they’d want to test the waters in that role playing for sandy before they don’t have that opportunity anymore

Please no. Playing King in the ruck is like asking Black Caviar to pull a milk cart. Better to wait until he has a man's body, probably around age 24-25.

Max King
Seven disposals, six marks, four goals

“I liked Kingy’s run and launch, especially when he can time it. Those traits are outstanding, we know his flight at the ball when he launches at the highest peak is pretty special, so I liked that. It’s his second game in, coming in off a knee, so the expectation for him is to just keep improving, keep competing strongly for us, and the marks and the other technical aspects will come.”

Don’t Panic !!

Max King
Seven disposals, six marks, four goals

“I liked Kingy’s run and launch, especially when he can time it. Those traits are outstanding, we know his flight at the ball when he launches at the highest peak is pretty special, so I liked that. It’s his second game in, coming in off a knee, so the expectation for him is to just keep improving, keep competing strongly for us, and the marks and the other technical aspects will come.”

Don’t Panic !!
Translation;

******* hell we are trying to keep a lid on it but he’s a magnificent specimen who is gonna tear the crap outta teams for the next decade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see it now.

We avoid the temptation to rush Winx and hold him back for the rest of the year to ensure his development is not compromised.

Then comes the last round and Richo needs a win to make the finals and to keep his job...

34ziw52.jpg

I can see it now.

We avoid the temptation to rush Winx and hold him back for the rest of the year to ensure his development is not compromised.

Then comes the last round and Richo needs a win to make the finals and to keep his job...

34ziw52.jpg
This looks like a Cross of the Village people Vs Game of Thrones

Max King
Seven disposals, three marks, two goals
“He didn’t hit the scoreboard as much as last week, but from a physical point of view, a bit like Clav, he’s three games in now. He’s pulling up well, he’s able to train during the week strongly and prepare well, so that’s half the battle with young, developing key forwards. We had 51 entries but when you actually break it down and think ‘how did we move the ball’, it wasn’t overly well in the first half. It’s quite difficult when they had numbers back in their defence and were able to generate one-on-ones and then maintain it, so Max was a little bit of a victim of circumstance in the way we used the ball. He still had his three shots at goal, some of his forward craft was good but we weren’t able to capitalise on it.”

Great performance again from Max, however if he wants to be considered for senior selection as a forward he'd be wise to forget about all those marks, kicks and goals and concentrate on pressure acts.

That's the only thing to concentrate on if you want a place in our minimalistic scoring front half

Great performance again from Max, however if he wants to be considered for senior selection as a forward he'd be wise to forget about all those marks, kicks and goals and concentrate on pressure acts.

That's the only thing to concentrate on if you want a place in our minimalistic scoring front half

Agreed, didn't even see one missed tackle!

Max King
Nine disposals, five marks, three goals

“He probably could have had his fair share on the board, but the pleasing part was how Max was getting it. That’s the most important part about how he was able to get his marks, opportunities and scoring shots. He’s competing really strongly for us, he’s competing in the right manner and there’s still plenty to work on. It’s really important that he keeps developing the right way and we review strongly.”

Don’t Panic !!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back