Senior Max King

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately we will be missing Max for Round 1 after a freak golfing accident resulted in concussion symptoms.
Under the newly introduced concussion rules, Max could not play for 12 days after the incident, ruling him out for the season opener.

Max King is ready to return to face the demons this weekend.

Another productive game for Max in a big win over the hawks.
1619918429561.png

Again not taking the most of his chances but is starting to clunk his contested marks and competes well even being double-teamed. Showed some ridiculous ability to collect and deliver the ground ball around the ground as well.

Max took 10 marks against The Cats , 4 of which were contested which was a great effort . Disappointingly he kicked 1 goal and 5 behinds but he is only 20 and it was great to see him taking such strong marks against top opponents.

Max took 10 marks against The Cats , 4 of which were contested which was a great effort . Disappointingly he kicked 1 goal and 5 behinds but he is only 20 and it was great to see him taking such strong marks against top opponents.

Impressive game all around. Glad to see him clunking these marks and really dominating defenders.
When he puts it all together, look out.

Impressive game all around. Glad to see him clunking these marks and really dominating defenders.
When he puts it all together, look out.
His marking was a highlight of the game for me . Since he came into the side all we have heard from doubters is he has to start taking those marks . And he did it against one of the top sides . His kicking will come good but his marking is going to put the fear of god into opposition defenders from now on . Even if he doesn’t clunk everyone can you imagine when the ball goes down there quickly , the poor defenders are going to freak out 😂. Great to see .

It's official. Max has re-signed until 2026.

Another huge game from the King :crown:
1626076826790.png
✅ 3 Goals
✅ 10 Marks
✅ 5 Contested Marks
✅ 6 Score Involvements
✅ Won the battle with Harris Andrews

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but being bored in lockdown I felt like comparing Ming and Bings' career stats on afl.com and it's been fun. Very similar in a lot of areas despite playing in different teams, but there were some surprsing results. Looking at career average as Ben has played 14 more games to date. Also this is career average, not season.

Scoring.
Ben is rated average for Goal Accuracy and Max is current Below Average.
Ben obviously has kicked more goals on average, but both are rated above average.
Max on the other hand is above average on score assists where ben is Average.
Max is average on inside 50's where as Ben is below average.

Defensive acts.
Both are below average on tackles.
Max is above average on I50 and Ben Is Below Average.

Possessions.
As expected, both are below average on all possession stats except for Contested possessions, where Max is above average on contested possessions but Ben is still below average.

Marks.
The only Elite rating in the current stats goes to Max for Contest Marks, and Ben is Below average.
Max is on Average for marks, and Ben is Below Average.
Both are above average for Marks Inside 50.
Both are average for marks on lead.

Not much to be gained from these but it's hard to draw a line between them most days, and the comparisons will undoubtedly continue for their entire careers. But it looks like Max is putting together a more well rounded game, where as Ben is excelling more at finishing off his work in front of the sticks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A huge best-on performance from the King this weekend, with a personal best 6 goals and 8 contested marks.

King showed how unstoppable he can be when he plays with confidence and aggression, let's hope this is his new standard going forward and he backs it up for the rest of the year.

Had to laugh, my daughter chose to write about Max King for her speech assignment: some mayonnaise applied

Is Max King the best key forward in the AFL?

you bet your last dollar he is.

If you disagree you're wrong.

At the same age King has double the number of career goals as Josh Kennedy, Tom Hawkins, Harry McKay and Oscar Allen; despite
missing his first year due to an ACL injury.
This, in my opinion - is amazing.

Max King (his holiness) is a giant. In his draft year, he was measured at 202 cm, but by all reports, he now stands at least 205 cm.
The average height of a ruckman is 201 cm - Max king could be a ruckman but you dont put a ferrari on a speedway
track.

Max King (long may he rule) isn't the number two or three tall forward in the St Kilda forward fifty, he is number
one. This means that he takes the number one defender, because Max King kicks bags and is a giant as previously
mentioned. Sometimes, Max King requires two defenders because coaches know that Kings height, agility and marking
power is far too dangerous to take chances.

Max King (O Glorious one) isn't some over the hill, washed up forward. Max King is 21 years old so I still have ten to 15 years to
enjoy his reign. That means that if you dont support St Kilda you have 10 to 15 years in which to fear him.

As a point of interest, Max king has a twin brother, the inferior Gold Coast forward, Ben. Ben is probably among
the best forwards in the game, but there is daylight between the two brothers. In any case, Ben will probably
eventually want to join St Kilda to learn from Lord Max.

Thankyou for listening to me tell you all about Max King and why he is the best. goals, height, agility, youth and
HE HAS A TWIN. If you feel that i have mislead you, or you disagree, you're still wrong.

Long live the King.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back