Senior Max King

Has it been confirmed that Max will play this week?
Don't believe so.

Personally I'd give him just a tad longer.

Let him get to enjoy Mothers Day with his mum.

Let him remember all the great things his mum did for him and gave to him. Like a twin brother. Allow him to tell her how much he loves her gift of a brother and how wonderful it would be if they could be reunited once more

Then cut him loose the following week

Snailspace13

Club Legend
May 27, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Don't believe so.

Personally I'd give him just a tad longer.

Let him get to enjoy Mothers Day with his mum.

Let him remember all the great things his mum did for him and gave to him. Like a twin brother. Allow him to tell her how much he loves her gift of a brother and how wonderful it would be if they could be reunited once more

Then cut him loose the following week
Article on the SUNS in the AFL website says GC have recently had the Kings parents up that way as guests as they strive to get Ben an extra 4 yr Deal

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
So Vic Park I think? Damn it, can’t make it. Back at Sandy the week after.

Vic Park is the closest VFL venue for me so of course they schedule the game for Mothers Day!

Might try for a quick detour after my son's junior footy in Kew.

I was there as a 9 year old for Plugger's 1st reserves game and my son just turned 9.... #synergy

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Vic Park is the closest VFL venue for me so of course they schedule the game for Mothers Day!

Might try for a quick detour after my son's junior footy in Kew.

I was there as a 9 year old for Plugger's 1st reserves game and my son just turned 9.... #synergy
Oh wow, that’s some history. How did the big fella go?

Sep 14, 2008
L2 A30
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Oh wow, that’s some history. How did the big fella go?

Can't remember much about the reserves that day at Arden Street but a 16 year old Rod Owen played in the seniors, Jacko played his first game and got David Dench reported for whacking him. From memory Saints beat North by a few goals

Oct 1, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Really excited for this, if I didn’t have my wedding in 3 weeks I would fly over for this game, then maybe pop into Marvel for a look at the other game.

In regards to Ben I wouldn’t be against him signing a 2 year extension at GC. By mid to late year he should be in their 22 so let him develop and get plenty of games under his belt before we have a red hot crack.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah I heard that, very exciting. 3 qtrs should give him enough time to kick 8 or 9 you'd think.

Golly, can you imagine this place on Sunday arvo if he kicks a bag.....

Not sure why anyone is comparing him to Rozee.

We took the bloke who by all accounts was the undisputed number 1 pick at the start of last season. He was that good.

I remember Good Friday and talking to a few prominent North supporters and they were talking him up and praying that their bad season would land them King...... obviously things happen and he is a saint.

Not a clear number one at all. The consensus seemed to be that Lukosius was the number one, Walsh, Rankine, King etc all in the mix for top 5. In their under 17s year the King twins and the South Aussies were meant to be better than anything in the 2018 draft.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
Can't remember much about the reserves that day at Arden Street but a 16 year old Rod Owen played in the seniors, Jacko played his first game and got David Dench reported for whacking him. From memory Saints beat North by a few goals
Remember it quite well! Jacko had us all very entertained and your right about Dench and Owen but sadly we lost the game after leading for 3 quarters!
Rd 1 83 it was!....Disturbing how i remember all that crap so effortlessly, yet cannot remember why i even bothered responding to this post!

Back