Senior Max King

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can you imagine this place if he's largely un-sighted and some inside mid, mid-40s pick that one of us once mentioned in last years draft thread as being draft worthy is best on ground....

I'll lead the charge. If he doesn't kick at least 11....

"I always wanted (.... insert name here....) at pick 4

amidoinitright?

Max King and Oscar Clavarino will make their long-awaited returns to football in this Sunday’s VFL clash against Collingwood.

The Saints’ two future bookends will line up for Sandringham after extended periods on the sidelines due to injury.

It will be over a year since King last took to the field, after the leading forward tore his ACL while playing for Haileybury College in April last season.

But the injury did little to allay St Kilda’s faith in the prospective powerhouse.

King was snared with pick No. 4 in the 2018 National Draft, having already commenced his rehabilitation program at Linton St.

Since resuming full contact training several weeks ago, the new No. 12 has shown several promising signs, with his agility, aerial ability and kicking penetration unhampered by the injury.

General Manager of Football Simon Lethlean spoke highly of the young Saint’s professionalism following lengthy rehabilitation sessions away from the main training group.

“He’s worked hard to get himself ready on schedule, and credit to our medical staff who’ve worked really closely with him for a fair while now,” Lethlean told SEN Breakfast.

He’s a confident kid, he’s a great-looking athlete, he moves across the ground brilliantly, so he’s got lots of special attributes.​
"As with all six-foot-ten young fellas, he’ll take a bit of time to get going, but we like what we see (in him) as a person and an athlete.

“We think he’s going to have a 10+ year career here with a big impact, and that starts at a much lower level this week as we get him going.”

Dermot on SEN didn't seem too keen to hype him up. Said he has a long reach and will mark too high for most defenders like Daniher. Said he'll need tricks so they don't body work him under the ball. Was all over Parker though, reckons he can get him up to 16 possessions and 3 goals a week. If he can do that he's worth the pay packet. Seemed genuinely in love with the raw Parker. I reckon he's probably seen a bit of himself in Parks, had mates out in Frankston that went down the wrong path and footy saved him, got a touch of brutality too.

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Dermot on SEN didn't seem too keen to hype him up. Said he has a long reach and will mark too high for most defenders like Daniher. Said he'll need tricks so they don't body work him under the ball. Was all over Parker though, reckons he can get him up to 16 possessions and 3 goals a week. If he can do that he's worth the pay packet. Seemed genuinely in love with the raw Parker. I reckon he's probably seen a bit of himself in Parks, had mates out in Frankston that went down the wrong path and footy saved him, got a touch of brutality too.
Brereton has just a smidge more knowledge about the current game than Maclure take what ever he says and dismiss it immediately.

Good luck big fella

2e5jjic.jpg

Id like that.

Check out tonight's AFL360 if you haven't already, bit of vision of Derm working with Maxy and his running patterns. Absolute mountain of a man is Max. Hope he dominates on the weekend!

Check out tonight's AFL360 if you haven't already, bit of vision of Derm working with Maxy and his running patterns. Absolute mountain of a man is Max. Hope he dominates on the weekend!

Dermot mentioned him needing to run little figure 8s to stop defenders pushing him under the ball or bulk up. I guess those figure 8 leads are what Dermot is talking about. I can't remember if it was Rooey or Dermot that said there is a massive difference in VFL to AFL and I think which ever it was was trying to take pressure off him either way. If he kicks 5 goals they don't want fans getting ridiculous expectations for him.

Aug 15, 2009
Geelong
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Liverpool
Pretty awesome hearing him talk about how ridiculous Max's reach is and how he's never seen someone mark the ball from such a high point up close before, makes it hard to not imagine him being a monster at full forward for us.

Pretty awesome hearing him talk about how ridiculous Max's reach is and how he's never seen someone mark the ball from such a high point up close before, makes it hard to not imagine him being a monster at full forward for us.

Finally all those high balls coming into the attacking 50 should start paying off.
(Maybe we’ve been practising for this all along ;))

bg7hww.jpg

Human Person

Custom title
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Excited that he’s back, but just want him to get through unscathed. The last time he played it was against 17 year olds, so my expectations aren’t overly high for his first game back.

But boy oh boy am I excited to see what he can develop into. This is his next little step on a long journey, so pumped for him.

Back