Senior Max King

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Article says a month in the VFL before pressing his claims for an AFL spot.

That would be a rapid rise from a bit part restart last weekend.

Give his ACL, it’s hard to see him getting to AFL level this season, he’s simply missed too much footy.
He's been training for quite some time though. I'd be surprised if he doesn't play this year, barring injury.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
FB_IMG_1557901037061.jpg

Sep 18, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Leeds United
Article says a month in the VFL before pressing his claims for an AFL spot.

That would be a rapid rise from a bit part restart last weekend.

Give his ACL, it’s hard to see him getting to AFL level this season, he’s simply missed too much footy.
Hmm not really. 5 weeks of footy after training with the main group for nearly 2 months is a fair bit of a base.
For some reason AFL players take 12 months off for an ACL. Other sports around the world it’s less.

Olliver

Senior List
Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hmm not really. 5 weeks of footy after training with the main group for nearly 2 months is a fair bit of a base.
For some reason AFL players take 12 months off for an ACL. Other sports around the world it’s less.

It’s due to the nature of the sport (high speed change of direction and jumping and landing) plus the evidence strongly suggests the longer you wait the lower the chance of recurrence. There are some people who advocate up to 24 months. People have tried to push timeframes (eg. David Schwarze) and failed. There are of course some outliers like Goldsack. This is why LARS has been abandoned as it doesn’t stand up.

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
I had heard earlier in the season that Saints were going to e very conservative with him and there was a chance he may not even play VFL this year. He must be coming on very well to be playing now. I hope we don't now try and rush him to seniors. I'd like to see him gradually build through 6 - 8 weeks of VFL.

I had heard earlier in the season that Saints were going to e very conservative with him and there was a chance he may not even play VFL this year. He must be coming on very well to be playing now. I hope we don't now try and rush him to seniors. I'd like to see him gradually build through 6 - 8 weeks of VFL.
Yep no rush with him

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
King sitting out of footy for a whole 2 years would have done him more harm than good. I think we have been very conservative with him. He sat out a touch over 12 months despite him responding very well to surgery and running very early.

I agree there is no need to rush him into the seniors. It will take him time to get going you would think.

Yep no rush with him
No rush, but when ready he should come in straight away. Can injure himself just as easily playing at Sandy as in the ones so I don't buy just keeping him in Sandy to protect the ACL. Either he is fit or he is not.

Aug 15, 2009
Dubai, UAE
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
North Sydney Bears Rugby League
No rush, but when ready he should come in straight away. Can injure himself just as easily playing at Sandy as in the ones so I don't buy just keeping him in Sandy to protect the ACL. Either he is fit or he is not.
I don’t think it is fitness in terms of his injury they are concerned about. It would be fitness in terms playing. He will gradually build his minutes per game and at whatever point they are happy with match fitness and form I think he’s playing. No different in a way to preseason. Exciting to think about for us supporters but he needs to be given every opportunity to be really ready.

Sippa

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Has he played any back up ruck minutes for sandy yet ? Because I imagine that’s a role they will want him to play long term in the seniors so I can’t see them putting him in the ones until he’s had exposure playing that role ... not suggesting he would play that role in the ones right away but I’m sure they’d want to test the waters in that role playing for sandy before they don’t have that opportunity anymore

Back