List Mgmt. Ben King

Remove this Banner Ad

Hows this for a conspiracy theory ( with perhaps a grain of truth)

We almost had Ben King after his two years at GC. Then the AFL bounced in and manipulated the trade so Ben would get a base Salary of 600k off Fold Coast and they stumped up 150k a year to take his salary to 750k a year.
Max OTOH is getting nowhere near that, up to 300-350k less over the same time.

It is a fact Ben wants to play with his extremely close identical twin.

Now Max has signed a huge contract.

1) only way Ben plays with Max is at the Saints
2) They twins and family speak. They have decided Ben has already got the big payday courtesy of the AFL.
3) Gone to the Saints and said give Max a big payday and Ben wont ask for the world when he wants to come $$ wise.

Works for me.

We almost had Ben King after his two years at GC. Then the AFL bounced in and manipulated the trade so Ben would get a base Salary of 600k off Fold Coast and they stumped up 150k a year to take his salary to 750k a year.

2) They twins and family speak. They have decided Ben has already got the big payday courtesy of the AFL.
3) Gone to the Saints and said give Max a big payday and Ben wont ask for the world when he wants to come $$ wise.

Works for me.

there's something going on.

watch the end of the suns vs saints game from the other week. player welfare officer is the runner and reminds both of them they are on tv

from a list management perspective, I suspect there's a bit of the WCE philosophy here. establish two big towers to build the side around, similar to mcgovern and barras.

Works for me.

Or Max is taking slight overs, Ben will take unders and they'll split it down the middle. :D

Last edited:
Seems a fair and reasonable figure and it will worked out to suit the salary cap. Let’s just hope we don’t chase Ben on similar money. Surely not.

Works for me.

See my highly plausible theory for details plugsy ;) ;)

there's something going on.

watch the end of the suns vs saints game from the other week. player welfare officer is the runner and reminds both of them they are on tv

from a list management perspective, I suspect there's a bit of the WCE philosophy here. establish two big towers to build the side around, similar to mcgovern and barras.
6bf05147f5761903ceb8f275a7be81a1

Works for me.
Stop getting my hopes up man. I don’t want to be let down. I really really want both of them.

Or Max is taking slight overs, Ben will take unders and they'll split it down the middle. :D

Just don’t give anything to the third brother

spOZDHG.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is great news. I know how unlikely it was, but I couldn’t shake the feeling Gold Coast were going to make a big play for him.
He’s the kind of player you want to have locked in long term.

The 4 year extension is a statement of where Max wants to play his football. Gold Coast needed to have a crack at Max to help them keep Ben. This has blown that out of the water.

The Suns now need to try to re-sign Ben ASAP. Even though he is contracted until the end of 2022, the media will pump up the speculation machine if they don’t, and that won’t help anyone.

The psychology of this contract extension will be interesting to observe. If Ben puts off negotiations for a contract extension, the Suns can either back themselves in to keep their man, or concede that they face an uphill battle in extending his contract and consider a pragmatic option during the trade period.

I must admit, a 4 year extension to Max’s contract has surprised me. That is a big deal.

Works for me.

I reckon you may have nailed it.

No I can’t see how it’s possible unless we wait till he is a fa
So if I’m reading between the lines you don’t want Ben king if he costs two first rounders (leave the cash aside for now)?

So if I’m reading between the lines you don’t want Ben king if he costs two first rounders (leave the cash aside for now)?
No way. As I said they are different but to similar. I see both as ff. Can’t see either being a strong chf. I still think mids win you games. Even with the scoring slightly up the best forwards are only averaging 3 goals a game and only about 4 are doing that. We have king membery and Marshall as key marking forwards. 2 of those are over 200cm. Not sure 3 works especially for forward pressure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back